PDA

View Full Version : Lunch time ideas

chez
08-01-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm (and I think the mindees) are starting to find lunch time a bit boring with me running out of ispiration for food ideas.

I have 3 x 3 year olds tho some lunches I only have 1 of them.

I give cold lunches or quick warmed lunches suck as spaghetti on toast.

Share your ideas please??

sarah707
08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Toast with cheese, beans, hoops, spaghetti

Bread or rolls (different types to give variety) with chicken, cheese, ham, hummus, other meats

Noodles with bits of veg (I buy stir fry packs) and fish, meat

We made soup quite a lot especially in the winter - the children take it in turns

Followed by a yoghurt, some fruit and usually a small fruit or milk based treat.

We have regular theme days based around our themed activities and buy, prepare and try different foods.

Hth :D

The Juggler
08-01-2012, 03:07 PM
we have pasta cooked with veg
omlettes
then I just do sandwich lunches but vary breads, bagels, pitta, muffins:thumbsup:

mushpea
08-01-2012, 05:06 PM
I found ours were getting bored too then around christmas time we went to lots of partys and had lots of buffet type lunchs and they loved it and ate better than ever so now some days we have sandwichs and other days they have things like sausage roll or quiche or crabsticks or any other different bits I can think of and I find that they are better with lots of little bits, I suppose its the variety.

gegele
08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
i cooked bacon cut in bit in frying pan and when nicely cooked i put a tin of carrot and peas in give it a good stir and cook low a minute or so and i serve with new potatoes (cooked in pressure cooker in minutes!)

couscous with red pepper, sweetcorn and feta cheese

pasta tuna sweetcorn

rice with mixed veg and fish

kellib
08-01-2012, 06:34 PM
I have 2 one year olds that lunch here and we have things like:

tuna pasta
rice with some veggies
chicken/fish with some veggies
mini pittas with peppers, cucumber, tomatoes etc

Sometimes they have left overs from what we've had for tea the previous night.

KCChildminder
08-01-2012, 06:43 PM
How about something that they can join in with such as making pizzas (Also keeps them busy for an hour!)

I find that wraps are a nice alternative to sandwiches, but also bagels, or stuffed pitta bread. There are lods of options with pitta bread such as with dips, or filled with cheese and ham which means you can use a whole pack of pittas without giving them the same lunch every day that week!

Hope this helps!
Karen :)

Maza
08-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Couscous cooked in stock is very quick. I serve it with salad or tinned sweetcorn and pre-cooked chicken. Noodles also cook in minutes. Gnocchi is also very quick and I serve it with a tomato sauce (shop bought or from freezer) with peas, ham and courgettes.