PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your single buggy!

Beetlejuice
07-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I currently have an Obaby Atlas and have never really got on with it - it's quite tricky to steer and my DD has broken the foot rest at the bottom :rolleyes: I am looking to buy another but have yet to find one I really like. I've had a McClaren Quest in the past and a Quinny Zapp but neither of them were that great.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

B x

Monkey26
07-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Maclaren xlr - have had mine about 4 years and it gets a battering most days (wind, rain, steering with one hand, buggy board etc) but its still going strong :) xx

kellib
07-01-2012, 09:53 PM
I love my MacLaren quest, it's been through a lot and never been damaged, it's only now 6 years old that the wheels are starting to come away!

Love it :)

PixiePetal
07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
my umbrella one is a Maclaren Triumph - does the job for a small buggy :thumbsup:

otherwise I have a Jane 3 wheeler of some sort - ebay buy which I love to push. Big wide and comfy for mindee

or.... :blush: P&T which I use for 1 child and load the other seat for picnics :D

ok so I have a few!

nipper
07-01-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm currently selling my phils and teds E3 which I bought on ebay. I absolutely love it as it just demolishes our rough tracks on the way to school. Have had to invest in a maclaren twin instead (so it's pavements all the way for me now).

Aside from that the 4 x 4 P&T would win hands down for manouvrebility (v bad spelling) and comfort for the occupants...I love it. When I earn enough money I will buy a new one.

watgem
08-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Maclaren techno and mountain buggy definitely for me:)

loocyloo
08-01-2012, 12:15 PM
i have a maxi-cosi speedi. ( same as a quinny speedi ) its a big 3 wheeler and i've had it nearly 7 years, used alot, but still going stong.

i have a chicco umbrella stroller ( like the winter london on in argos catalogue, except when we bought ours 9 + years ago, it didn;t come with cosy toes! .. we were going out the next day and realised late one evening that our big buggy wouldn't be very easy on the train/tube, so DH rushed to toys R us and came home with this buggy! ) its brilliant, never had a problem, only a very little recline, but as i only use it when taking the car, its never been a problem! the rain cover is still in one piece too, as made of thick plastic :D

onceinabluemoon
08-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Depends on your budget.

I love my quinny buzz, my bugaboo chameleon and my bugaboo bee+ but they are all classed as luxury buggies. They are all so easy to push and fabulous for baby/toddler.

On the cheaper end I like my maclaren quest sport (MUCH easier to push than the techno which is awful). Also have a quinny zapp extra which is good but makes a bit of a racket when being pushed over pavements. (Not good if you are taller than 5'6" though as the handle's quite low)

Beetlejuice
08-01-2012, 03:10 PM
(Not good if you are taller than 5'6" though as the handle's quite low)

This made me spit out my coke - I should have mentioned I'm only 4ft 11 :D:laughing:

Thanks for all the recs - going to be checking out the interweb this afternoon (instead of studying!) to look at all those mentioned.

:thumbsup:Cheers!

chez
08-01-2012, 09:40 PM
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_37+343_10751_-1_14552_123854_10001_14552

lovely buggy, love the fact that my mindees can face me so lots of talking opportunities, also means its sutiable for the tinys. Only down side is that the cosy toes are rather small. Ive only used it facing me so far but had my 6 mth and my 2 yr old in it and both have been comforatable (2 yr old without cosy toes) buggy is rather difficult to tip over which makes it fab.
Love it!!

~Grasshopper~
08-01-2012, 09:49 PM
oohhh i loveeee prams,

ive just sold my nipper double as bought another p&t, i dont tend to have prams for more than 2 mins before i grow to hate them BUT the exception has been my icandy cherry, i bought it when i had ds2 and he is 2 next month and i still use it whenever i dont need a double. its soo lovely, but expensive.

the nipper single is supposed to be good aswell, i also like my p&t sport in single mode and would be more economical if you ever needed a double.

x

mummyMia
09-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Depends on your budget.

On the cheaper end I like my maclaren quest sport (MUCH easier to push than the techno which is awful).

I have to say that I LOVE my Maclaren Techo XT and have always thought it was the easiet to push out of any buggy I have ever tried. I guess people just have completely different experiences of the same product. My first one broke after several years and I replaced it with another! I like the fact that it is a small lightweight stroller but it lies flat and the backrest is longer than most strollers. It was long enough for my ds to take naps up to about the age of 3. My only critisism is that the Techno is not the prettiest of buggies. I wish they did some nicer colours. It still gets my vote though. :)

onceinabluemoon
09-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I have to say that I LOVE my Maclaren Techo XT and have always thought it was the easiet to push out of any buggy I have ever tried. I guess people just have completely different experiences of the same product. My first one broke after several years and I replaced it with another! I like the fact that it is a small lightweight stroller but it lies flat and the backrest is longer than most strollers. It was long enough for my ds to take naps up to about the age of 3. My only critisism is that the Techno is not the prettiest of buggies. I wish they did some nicer colours. It still gets my vote though. :)

Heehee I know what you mean!! My original Techno was lovely (about 3 or 4 years old now), very easy to push and very comfy, but then maclaren 'improved it' in the last year or two and I just couldn't get on with it, found it too 'upright' and very hard to tip back to go up curbs with a heavier child in. My first one was fab though. Such a shame they have to improve things... The twin techno - ugh!!! kept standing on the centre wheels at the back, would probably be perfect for somebody with a shorter stride though :)