PDA

View Full Version : Do you leave toys out all week?

kellib
07-01-2012, 08:08 PM
I've recently cleared out my hall cupboard and now all the toys I use for childminding are stored in there (along with everything else childminding related!)

I'll take the toys out on Monday but wondering what you all do? Do you leave toys out all week and then put them away Friday evening? Put them away every night?

Trying to decide what I'll do with them, I love my living room with no toys, it looks HUGE now but not sure I can be bothered taking toys in and out the cupboard every morning :D

Happy Bunny
07-01-2012, 08:10 PM
I have a storage room full of the toys, I put them away at the end of the night as I like my front room to be mine in the evening.
Yes it is sometimes a pain to get them all out again in the morning but at night I like to shut off from work.

PixiePetal
07-01-2012, 08:13 PM
I have a playroom now so just shut the door - a real treat after living in a house with just a lounge/diner before.

I used to hide away most of the toys then - and a big tidy up on the last working day of the week :thumbsup:

sarahjane
07-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I have some bits that are heavy and complicated (Montessori equipment) that are out all of the time including weekends and other bits that are boxed up every evening and put under the stairs so abit of both really :)

rosebud
07-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Some things I just hide behind full length curtains by the French doors, some things I put down the side of the settee so I can't actually see them when I'm sitting down and some I put away. If I think we'll need it the next day I do tend to leave it out but if I think they've finished with it then I put away. I've had a big wooden fire station from toy library for the last 6 weeks, it is really lovely but too big to go in the cupboard so I can't wait for it to go back now.

mushpea
07-01-2012, 08:27 PM
we use the conservatory as a play room so just shut the curtains at night, I used to take stuff out at the weekends and bring it back in on a sunday night but I cant be bothered anymore, so now everynow and then I just roate stuff. if it was in the living room and we could constantly see it then I might put it away.

sarah707
07-01-2012, 08:33 PM
I take down different toys every morning depending on what the children enjoyed the last session they came. I find this is a good way to welcome them when they first arrive.

Then I let them choose what they want from the shelves as everything is on display :D

amanda1309
07-01-2012, 09:42 PM
My toys are in boxes in the garage. I get a few boxes out on a Monday and they stay out in the lounge till Friday evening.

I hate them in the lounge all week but it's easier than heaving them in and out of the garage :)

QualityCare
07-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I put everything away at night and put a different selection out the next morning, children are always happy with what l have put out but are free to ask for any toy or activity if they want and l will get it for them.

Penny1959
08-01-2012, 07:40 AM
I use the lounge, what was the dining room and the small conservatory for childminding.

The conservatory is set out with the continuous provision things - things that always out such as large mirror, large play table, small table and chairs and storage units (contents changed as needed)

The ex dining room is where I have my book shelves, two drawer units containing puzzles, games. some heuristic items. Also in this room I have my notice board which is up all the time

The lounge looks like a lounge - I use it for music activities, watching DVD's, and if have childminding visitors - so have extra space. Anything put out in lounge during day is put away each evening - before DH gets home

I am happy with the use of the rooms for childminding - My problem is all the resouces everywhere else in the house!

Penny :)

The Juggler
08-01-2012, 09:29 AM
depends how tired I am at the end of the day. If I have the same children next day and the planning means I will take out same toys I sometimes just push it to one side.

my lounge is in 2 halves so at night if we sit and watch the tv you can't see all the boxes and home corner the other end as we're facing the other way.

however, this weekend is dh's 50th birthday party so even the home corner needs put away somewhere so it's all gonna be stashed in the bedrooms and cellar :eek:

BuggsieMoo
08-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Im the same as Sarah707. Its all put away each night. I get down a few toys at expecting time and then they are all labelled up and they pick and choose thorughout the day unless it is a planned activity.

Also, if a child spends all their time focusing on one toy only (I have one who will only look at one book and one puzzle) I remove them for a week so that they have to broaden their horizens otherwise if we read books they always go for the same one and if they choose a puzzle at quiet time again its always the same one and therefore no longer challenging them.

BuggsieMoo x

mammumof4
08-01-2012, 02:46 PM
i have a small play room so i just shut the door! :blush:
although i do have all my daughters toys in the living room so if things do spill out from the play room we dont really notice :)

KCChildminder
08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I've recently cleared out my hall cupboard and now all the toys I use for childminding are stored in there (along with everything else childminding related!)

I'll take the toys out on Monday but wondering what you all do? Do you leave toys out all week and then put them away Friday evening? Put them away every night?

Trying to decide what I'll do with them, I love my living room with no toys, it looks HUGE now but not sure I can be bothered taking toys in and out the cupboard every morning :D

I do the same thing by having a 'toy cupboard' I just put the toys away at the end of the week but I tidy them up in the evenings and tuck them into the corner of the room so we have some room to move!

Karen :)

LeeMarie
08-01-2012, 07:43 PM
We added a conservatory onto our house last summer to be a playroom/dining room and I have large cupboards along one side to hide toys in. Although we don't use the conservatory every night, I put all the toys away as soon as the last lo has left. I then get a different mix of toys out the next morning. As my own kids are getting older I like to see living room/conservatory toy free when I'm not working.

mushpea
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Also, if a child spends all their time focusing on one toy only (I have one who will only look at one book and one puzzle) I remove them for a week so that they have to broaden their horizens otherwise if we read books they always go for the same one and if they choose a puzzle at quiet time again its always the same one and therefore no longer challenging them.

BuggsieMoo x

I did this once,,a child I had focused all her attention toy dolls, dressing them, feeding them, putting them in and out the buggy, so one week I removed them, 1st day she was so lost it was unreal, she just didnt know how to play with anything else:eek:, next day she brought her own baby which totaly defeated the object and absoulutly hated sharing it,, any child that played with it she just sat there watching and giving them evil looks ! I told mum not to bring it the next day as it caused to much tension,, she spent the rest of the week not wanting to interact or play with anything,, next week I put the dolls back out and she was very happy!