PDA

View Full Version : Raiding family member's cupboards

kellib
06-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Was sorting out my arts and crafts box earlier and thinking how I need to get some paint pots when inspiration struck me and I remembered how my Granny & Grandad have a cupboard full of ramekins that they get every time they buy a M&S dessert :laughing:

So txt my Grandad asking if I can have a few to use as paint pots and he replied that I can have as many as I want, the more the better and that my Granny will have them ready on the table tomorrow so I don't forget them!

Saved a bit of money there! :laughing:

sarah707
06-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Great idea! It's amazing what people collect :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
06-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Great idea if they have something useful!! I don't dare say in front of my dad that I am going to buy/need such and such as you can bet he will have one stashed somewhere :eek:

When we had our extension built and the boys finally had their own rooms I said I was going to get them some new bedding as they were choosing their own colours - he offered me peach flowery flannelette sheets for them (they were 10 at the time) :panic: Bless him I know he is only trying to help but :rolleyes:

rosebud
06-01-2012, 06:03 PM
My mum never visits without bringing me junk from her cupboards, Sometimes its useful, sometimes not. Just before christmas she bought me all the little bottles of toiletries that she's pinched from hotels, I use the little shampoos and shower gels in the water tray but she'd bought me body lotion, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, so not sure what I'm going to do with those!!! There were about 50 bottles in total!

caz3007
06-01-2012, 06:07 PM
My son sometimes has individual cheesecakes the value/saver ones and the pots they come in are brilliant for glue and paint, no washing them out when they full of gunk, they just get binned.