PDA

View Full Version : Stealing my words!

muffins
05-01-2012, 10:44 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
I was shocked to say the least when the day after posting an advert on netmums another childminder has cut & pasted my words to her advert! She has of course changed details to her needs but:angry:

I am Sharon!
http://www.netmums.com/east-kent/childcare

gigglinggoblin
05-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Oh my! I would message her and ask her to change it, if she wont complain to netmums, thats really not on at all. Alternatively add a note at the bottom of your qualifications to say you are capable of stringing a sentence together without having to steal other peoples adverts!

Zoomie
05-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Speechless .....

you have reported and complained, haven't you ?

catlyn
05-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Flippin cheek!!! I would be pressing that button that says report a problem and let the mods know shes copied yr ad...yours was on first so its obvious shes copied it...i would also send her a message asking why she couldnt write her ownt......maybe be sarcastic and say " i must have a really good advert on net mums as you obviously were impressed enough with it to virtually copy it word for word"

stardust
05-01-2012, 10:58 PM
To be honest it looks bad on her and not you because you posted first.
I look at that and think Lazy, not the best first impression.
For this reason I wouldn't contact her.

Don't worrie about it Hun if she wants to come across as lazy and unimaginative that's her problem.
Just think if it as your good deed for the day as you've helped out someone less smart :)
xxx

muffins
05-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Flippin cheek!!! I would be pressing that button that says report a problem and let the mods know shes copied yr ad...yours was on first so its obvious shes copied it...i would also send her a message asking why she couldnt write her ownt......maybe be sarcastic and say " i must have a really good advert on net mums as you obviously were impressed enough with it to virtually copy it word for word"

:thumbsup:Yes I pressed the report a problem button, I'm not having that! Am tempted to message her but just thought I'd let netmums deal with it! Still angry/shocked/speechless though!

Loushah
06-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Just had a look on your link...the absolute cheek of some people.

Well done for reporting it :clapping:...hopefully netmums will take some action..let us know if they do take some action

EmmaReed84
06-01-2012, 06:44 AM
:angry::angry: Makes me so mad when people do things like that! If I am stuck with what to write I have in the past copied and pasted then I have changed it about, it just helps me get started and usually when I have finished it looks and read nothing like the original. But to actually USE what some else has written is just plain stupid :eek:

onceinabluemoon
06-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Grr how annoying! I hope net mums do something about it.

Pipsqueak
06-01-2012, 08:05 AM
I have 3 local minders who have more or less copied my wording /format on childcare.co.uk:( one copied it word for word and were degree qualified... they might have a hard time proving that one! lol

sammc_74
06-01-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm on netmums to and luckily haven't had that problem...yet!!!

Just wondering if you guys manage to get many responses or queries from these ads because mines been there a fair few months and not one response :panic:

muffins
06-01-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm on netmums to and luckily haven't had that problem...yet!!!

Just wondering if you guys manage to get many responses or queries from these ads because mines been there a fair few months and not one response :panic:

Yes I have prob had half a dozen enquiries in the yr, although not all I could do!:thumbsup:

snufflepuff
06-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Lets hope parents reading it realise that YOU posted first, therefore SHE has copied YOUR wording. If I was a parent reading that I'd think she must be lazy and a bit thick to be honest!

~Grasshopper~
06-01-2012, 12:01 PM
:censored: omg im furious for you, you add is lovely. how cheeky is she.

i hope it gets removed soon.

muffins
06-01-2012, 12:40 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping:They have removed her add:clapping::clapping::clapping:

catlyn
06-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Result!! well done net mums x

The Juggler
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping:They have removed her add:clapping::clapping::clapping:

good for you!

miffy
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM

Great result :clapping:

Miffy xx

mushpea
07-01-2012, 06:21 PM
lol that explains why I cant work out which one copied you:laughing:
well done you

ORKSIE
07-01-2012, 06:24 PM

:clapping::clapping: