PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Kittycat
05-01-2012, 11:38 AM
:blush: I am due my pre reg visit in a matter of 3 weeks :eek: and just wondered when she comes round does the reg officer expect u to have all your equipment like toys and pram etc, i know i have to get stair gates socket covers and fire blanket etc, just wondered more about the other equipment,

And when u do have parents visiting do u let them ask u questions etc and let them look over your policys & training etc at your house with a cuppa, i would be a bit funny about letting someone take away my policys and procedures incase i wasnt for them if u see what i mean, and as i am starting out and dont have alot of toys, would i just explain, that more equipment is to be bought,

and i would really find it helpful, if any of u guy could tell me on a day to day basis what u do with all your minded children, do u have set times for certain things and a routine etc,

any info would be greatly appreciated :)

sarah707
05-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Have you done your pre-registration course? A lot of what you are asking should be covered on that.

You then need to read the pre reg booklet from Ofsted before the visit and make sure you can answer the questions.

Your inspector won't expect you to have everything ready but you will need to show that you are making preparations and understand what is expected of you.

Good luck! :D