PDA

View Full Version : Plastic milk lids

kel1983
05-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Over the past few months we have collected the plastic lids form the tops of milk bottles thinking that a local charity would take them but unfortunately they no longer do. So we have ended up with about a 100 lids.

Has anyone got any ideas what we can do with them. I came across an idea that involved drilling a hole in the center and then using them to thread but we have so many threading beads already.

Can anyone help?

Helen Dempster
05-01-2012, 09:28 AM
How funny...I've literally just finished painting the alphabet, punctuation marks and numbers on the plastic milk bottle lids! :laughing: I used puffy paint and just wrote upper case and lower case letters on each one. You've got enough for more than one set, so even better. The kids love 'em, and depending on their age enjoy making words, doing sums etc.

Hope this helps.

The Juggler
05-01-2012, 09:30 AM
How funny...I've literally just finished painting the alphabet, punctuation marks and numbers on the plastic milk bottle lids! :laughing: I used puffy paint and just wrote upper case and lower case letters on each one. You've got enough for more than one set, so even better. The kids love 'em, and depending on their age enjoy making words, doing sums etc.

Hope this helps.

fab idea! what is puffy paint though.

Helen Dempster
05-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Puffy paint is a paint that when it dries, it's slightly raised, giving a 3D kind of effect. You can get it from most craft shops :)

Baildon bears
05-01-2012, 07:59 PM
If you get a hammer and screw driver and bang a hole in the top of each one they are great treaded together, much easier than drilling.:thumbsup:

Playmate
05-01-2012, 08:04 PM

Hope this helps.

I like that idea :D

Playmate
05-01-2012, 08:06 PM
the boys very often use them as wheels when junk modelling :D

The Juggler
05-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Puffy paint is a paint that when it dries, it's slightly raised, giving a 3D kind of effect. You can get it from most craft shops :)

like acrylic paint?

crazyhazy
05-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Loving the alphabet idea, might start saving them again and do that myself! We tend to use them for junk modelling as wheels etc and on pictures, actually they nearly always get used as wheels! I had loads cos my mum collected them for us to use as a reward system for my girls but not done that in a while so have gradually used them all up.

kel1983
06-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Great idea with the alphabet. May just do that with them

We already use them in junk modelling for wheels

Thanks everyone

Toothfairy
06-01-2012, 08:15 AM

Hope this helps.

Great idea, another one to add to my 'To Do' list :thumbsup: