PDA

View Full Version : Vouchers - separate?

aly
04-01-2012, 10:13 PM
I haven't before as I didn't think and still not sure ...

But

When logging the amount per child do I need to log the amount separate ie whats in vouchers and then the top up?

thanks
x

Kiddleywinks
08-01-2012, 09:30 AM
I would (listing voucher as a part payment), but only so I can keep track of who's paid what and who still owes what :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I am not sure what you are asking here but if I am reading it right and apologies if I am not, are you asking how to record payments, parents or vouchers in your accounts?

I give an invoice each month and this shows the separate payments and in my accounts book I have 1 sum. You have your bank statements and voucher statements if you ever need to go back.

Hope I got it right

karensmart4
08-01-2012, 10:48 AM
I am not sure what you are asking here but if I am reading it right and apologies if I am not, are you asking how to record payments, parents or vouchers in your accounts?

I give an invoice each month and this shows the separate payments and in my accounts book I have 1 sum. You have your bank statements and voucher statements if you ever need to go back.

Hope I got it right

I do the same.

aly
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM

Hope I got it right
yeah just wondered if in the a/c book if i put joe bloggs £243 vouchers
joe bloggs £57

seperately or just joe bloggs £300 {which is total of vouchers and top up}

I do have the bank statements to show shoud I need to show it, but just wondered if i need to list sep. in book.

Mouse
08-01-2012, 10:47 PM
I do list them separately in my book, as I do with cheques.

In my book I put under income:

Received for X: £300
Made up of £220 voucher 01/01/12
£80 cash 05/01/12

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to do it, as long as you note the amount you receive, but I prefer to show it separately. And, as in the example, the dates aren't always the same.

miffy
08-01-2012, 10:59 PM
I do list them separately in my book, as I do with cheques.

In my book I put under income:

Received for X: £300
Made up of £220 voucher 01/01/12
£80 cash 05/01/12

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to do it, as long as you note the amount you receive, but I prefer to show it separately. And, as in the example, the dates aren't always the same.

I do the same as Mouse

Miffyxx