PDA

View Full Version : Can you help with some research?

Pauline
04-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Help is required from a lady called Lesley studying for a Doctorate at Sheffield University and the focus of her research is childminders; her aim is to identify factors that support childminders who live in rural counties to develop quality practice and provision ..... this is what she says:

Participation involves taking part in a telephone interview; some childminders have so much that they want to share that it can take an hour - but it is possible to cover all the questions in just over 30 minutes! I have found that those I have spoken with have enjoyed the opportunity to share their work.

The childminders I am trying to contact are those living in Cambridgeshire, County Durham, Cumbria, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Northumberland and Suffolk who achieved an Outstanding OFSTED grade between September 2008 and August 2009.

More information in Lesley's information details:

sarah707
04-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Ah well! :ohdear:

If she widens her target area tell her to let me know I'd be happy to help :D

Trouble
04-01-2012, 06:10 PM
I will help:)

Pauline
04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I will help:)

I will PM you :thumbsup:

loocyloo
04-01-2012, 08:15 PM
i'd help, i'm in a rural area, but not one of her targets !!!

( and i didn't get outstanding here! i got it in hampshire ... just waiting for that phonecall .... ( which now i've asked for a variation is bound to happen soon! )

The Juggler
04-01-2012, 10:05 PM
sorry, can't help. I'm not rural, not outstanding and not in those areas. :(

Pauline
06-01-2012, 04:11 PM
just bumping this back up for those who might have missed it :)

Pipsqueak
06-01-2012, 06:08 PM
I am happy to help - I am in a target area and I was a support minder to lots of minders for several years including those in more rural areas.

although I got a good WITH outstanding areas grading

tashaleee
06-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Im happy to help :)

Lesley E
08-01-2012, 04:52 PM
i'd help, i'm in a rural area, but not one of her targets !!!

( and i didn't get outstanding here! i got it in hampshire ... just waiting for that phonecall .... ( which now i've asked for a variation is bound to happen soon! )

Congratulations on achieving an outstanding! What a shame that the other criteria do not fit.

Thank you for you interest.
Lesley

Lesley E
08-01-2012, 05:09 PM

Thank you for your interest. I have contacted you personally - I hope you have received my message.

Lesley

Lesley E
08-01-2012, 05:14 PM

Thank you for your interest. I am looking at rural counties and have been able to find out about childminders in 10 of my target Local Authorities and have conducted some interviews but I am unable to access information in the areas listed.

Lesley

Trouble
08-01-2012, 06:14 PM
i have emailed you back with number and better times

Lesley E
09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
i have emailed you back with number and better times

Many thanks. I look forward to speaking with you.

Lesley

Lesley E
09-01-2012, 09:51 AM

Thank you. I have sent a message and hope we can make arrangements to talk.

Lesley

Lesley E
09-01-2012, 09:54 AM

Thank you for responding. My research is limited to rural counties - and there are 17 I have included in this criteria - so there are quite a lot of interviews to conduct as I am aiming for 3 in each.

Lesley

miffy
09-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Sorry not in the right area.

Hope you manage to get enough people.

Miffy xx

manjay
09-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Looks like I am not even in the right country:D

Good luck with your research:thumbsup:

Lesley E
25-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Looks like I am not even in the right country:D

Good luck with your research:thumbsup:

Thank you for your good wishes. I have managed to speak with some childminders and I really appreciate the time they have taken to help. I am still looking to interview childminders who received an 'Outstanding' Ofsted award between September 2008 and August 2009 who live in the following areas:
Cambridgeshire, County Durham, Cumbria, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Northumberland, Oxfordshire, Suffolk.

Many thanks
Lesley.