PDA

View Full Version : No get up and go!!

mumto2
04-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi all, I know I haven't posted on here for a while, but I have been popping on and seeing everyones messages/getting advice etc. Anyway, when I finished for christmas I said to myself I would be more organized after christmas with paperwork, outings, usual stuff etc. I have been back at work this week and so far haven't really done anything :(. I am totally lacking any motivation, and finding it hard to get going again. I know I ought to be doing stuff, but no idea where to start! Sorry for moaning, I hope you all had a lovely christmas and a very happy new year xx

The Juggler
04-01-2012, 01:08 PM
get a range of stuff out. aim to make an obs on each child, then take your planning from there.:thumbsup: keep it simple for jan - think we're all a bit post-xmas tired out :laughing:

Helen Dempster
04-01-2012, 01:19 PM
I know EXACTLY how you feel hun!!! I've got lots in my head, but I don't seem to ever get round to actually DOING anything!! My motivation has taken a nose dive recently and I can't seem to shake myself out of it...so I do know where you're coming from.

On the plus side, there are a couple of events in January - tomorrow it's National Bird Day (or something like that) and on the 23rd it's the Chinese New Year (year of the dragon), so maybe you could start by doing activities around those?

Good luck, and when you find the motivation, please send me some!!! LOL xx

miffy
04-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I know how you feel, it's my first day back today and we've been to children's centre, had lunch and now all asleep. I haven't "planned" anything and tbh the children have just been happy playing together as they haven't seen one another for a couple of weeks.

Miffy xx

mumto2
04-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Hello again, just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration guys! Have had a look through the forum again and have now started filling up the diary with things to do!! :clapping:
The alarm hasn't been very welcome every morning either, especially when I'm nice and warm in bed, the last thing I feel like doing is the school run! But before we know the weather will (hopefully!!) become warmer again and we can spend all day (well most of it!) outside again. (Hate being stuck indoors)
Thanks guys, this forum is ace :jump for joy::thumbsup::happy banana:

sarah707
04-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I managed to find the odd bit of inspiration over the holidays and revamped my planning and obs sheets and some other bits... but I haven't used them yet because everyone has been busy free playing :laughing:

I think we all go through slumps from time to time it's only important if it lasts for a while and is linked to you not wanting to do the job any more.

otherwise you will find your happy place again soon :D

rickysmiths
05-01-2012, 07:59 AM
I started back on Tuesday with one mindee having stopped work over a week before Christmas because all the mindees were on holiday.

This week has been hard with not all of them back, no toddler groups ao cm group, they all start again next week.

One mindee who was supposed to be with me on Tuesday wasn't, wasn't here yesterday and I haven't heard about today :rolleyes: I'm not ringing them, they will have to pay me and I am sick of chasing disorganised parents so it looks like only 2 today and one tomorrow.

Next week will be more motivating with all of them back and a new starter.

hello kitty
05-01-2012, 08:28 PM
I gave out my learning journeys to parents over christmas and have started to get them back now with some fantastic comments which has inspired me in my planning. ;)

watgem
05-01-2012, 08:31 PM
am feeling the same too, hope that those of us who've slumped can find our mojo again soon:)

VeggieSausage
05-01-2012, 10:01 PM
big slump....and to top it all lo come back after xmas and now won't sleep so have 2 lo's up all day, tired and wanting to be entertained.....need a 10 min space to myself at lunchtime (preferably 1/2 an hour) arrrgggg :(