PDA

View Full Version : tempory contract

devoncm
20-05-2008, 09:53 AM
how do i do one of these?
been thinking about it for a while in case i get enquiry for one, but last night talking to a friend she had to take a day off work last week as all her family had the bug and she felt she couldnt ring me as was only for one day, i did say that i she ever needed me again then i would be happy to have her lo-my numbers permitting-how would i contract this though as would only be occaisional cover?

gailee
20-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi i've just had a phone call asking for temporary place for tomorrow and luckily one of the forum members sent me a copy of their contracts which was brill and i've added/deleted some info! so hopefully that will work?? But what do you charge normal rate or extra because its very short notice??? thanks gailx

katickles
20-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi i've just had a phone call asking for temporary place for tomorrow and luckily one of the forum members sent me a copy of their contracts which was brill and i've added/deleted some info! so hopefully that will work?? But what do you charge normal rate or extra because its very short notice??? thanks gailx

Hi - I wouldn't charge any extra. This person may then use you again in the future or recommend you.

:)

devoncm
20-05-2008, 10:19 AM
not sure id probably charge a bit extra as short notice and any plans made might have to be broken think id try and find out their circumstances first if i did not know them-if they were single and struggling i might keep it the same rate but thats the soft touch in me.
but then dont want to be too expensive as they may not come again if they need you

susi513
20-05-2008, 12:19 PM
In the past I used to ask the childminder what they charged and I would price match. But now I just give them a fee sheet and charge my normal rates.

But I have a registration fee of £20 to enrol the child. This registers the child for a year, and is a contribution towards the costs of the handbook & permission forms & my time meeting parents/doing contracts etc. Because having done arrangements lik 1 single day for 3 siblings, you find all you earned is spent on new ink cartridges and paper!

I don't charge the registration fee on long-term placements - they pay one months deposit instead. Figure long-term placements ought to bring in enough to cover the paperwork.

For temporary contracts I just use my usual contract but state the dates of childcare, and an extra line at the end about the agreed termination date.

Susi

devoncm
20-05-2008, 03:12 PM
thanks for replies
thanks sarah for email will def use it in the future

thanks susi that seems a good idea for just the odd days will keep the idea in mind.