PDA

View Full Version : Do I need all RA's for pre reg visit??

sharonmanc
03-01-2012, 10:50 PM
I am getting a little panicky, as we were all ill over Christmas new year so did not get as much done as I wanted, Ofsted are due in the next few weeks for my pre reg ( if they go by the 5 weeks they told me).

I have done RA,s for my diningroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom/toilet, bedroom, outside areas, car, general equipment toys etc.

I am plannign on doing over night care, so next on my list is a Risk assessment for this.

I have not done any for outings yet. I have all my policies and procedures done.

Do i need every RA done for my pre reg visit.

Penny1959
04-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Please stop panicing

Although a lot of prospective childminders do like to have all paperwork in place for pre reg - it is not a requirement.

Just show them what you have done so far - and your to do list.

In fact at pre reg stage a 'to do' list is enough (for everything) provided you can talk through what you plan to do and why.

An understanding of the EYFS links to this and of particular importance are keeping children safe - including safegarding.

At pre reg Ofsted (or the companies that inspect on their behalf) are there to help you register, to signpost and make suggerstions. Many people (after the event) say how nice their pre reg inspector was - and that it was more like a chat.

Good Luck

Penny :)

sharonmanc
04-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Thank you Penny, this makes me feel so much better, think i will go through my many lists and make one big list and just tick things off as i go along, and then i know what still needs to be done before I mind and I can explain this during the visit.

I will concentrate on the ofsted questionnaire now, and a RA for overnight care.