PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a good triple buggy!

JMcG
03-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Hi,

I'm going to be minding two one year olds alongside my own 1 year old as of March this year. That will be it though!

Luckily I live in a great location where I can walk to anywhere I need to get to in 10/15mins. Lots or playgroups/library/parks etc etc.

So I'm looking for the best triple buggy I can buy. I dont mind paying quite a bit as we pretty much walk everywhere. I currently use a phil and teds and love it. I would ideally like something along that line with large air filled tyres etc.

Anyone got any ideas/advice/comments!

Thank you!

onceinabluemoon
03-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Phil Green from P&T also owns a buggy company called the Adventure Buggy Company, they make the best triple on the market - The ABC Everest triple.

They are expensive and you have to import but they do come up on ebay sometimes usually for about 450 to 500 pounds but sometimes cheaper.

More details here:
http://adventurebuggycompany.com/triplebuggy.htm

I have it in red. :)

jane5
03-01-2012, 10:52 PM
I also have the ABC triple after trying a couple of others and I would say it is the best.

It is very big and heavy to lift, I dont put it in the car it stays up all of the time, but it is very easy to push. The big wheels and sturdy frame take all of the weight of the 3 lo's I have in it and I can push it with 1 hand and still hold my dd's hand.

I got mine on ebay for a bargain price of £280.

Read some reviews on it :thumbsup:

mama2three
04-01-2012, 09:30 AM
I have the t3 , also called valco , Its strong , easy to push , and beats the abc everest for me as the third seat is mounted on the front rather than on the top - on the everest I simply cant see over it! Mine was a complete bargain on ebay (£62!!) , but the usual price on there is £350 - £450. Or new on the lotsofbabies website they are around £550 I believe.

moogster1a
04-01-2012, 09:34 AM
if you can find one of these
http://www.lotsofbabies.com/g3.html
Maybe ebay. It's the best thing I've ever bought. Really really light. Will collapse and easily fits into the car boot as a triple.
Best thing though is the fact the third seat comes on and off in about 10 seconds so can be used as a double when you only have 2 lo's.
Honestly, it's fantastic. Got mine for about £200 off ebay.
Takes up far far less room than the ABC, much lighter, just fab!

The Juggler
04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
i have the t3 which is ace to push. only now can't take it in the car anywhere as doesn't fit well and I'm afraid I'll break it if I force it plus I need someone to help me lift it.

It's a mare when folded (large triangular shape) and I live in old victorian terrace with a really narrow hallway. we fold it, hubby lifts it with me and then it stands on end until next day. At the weekend we have to lift it all through the house and put it in the bike shed in teh garden (we have no side access or garage).

However, its the only option for me. Too short for the ABC and the pavements and our gate and school gate are too narrow for a side by side triple.

JMcG
04-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Fantastic responses - thank you so much!

I'm hoping to go with the ABC single buggy with double top mounted reclining seats. I think the height should be ok as I'm fairly tall - 5ft7. Plus it means I will only need one buggy as can use it as a single at the weekends when I only have my daughter. I've emailed off for a price as I cant see this model on sale anywhere second hand. Hoping its not too much!!! Suppose I can sell my new Phil and Ted's when the triple arrives and make some money back that way.

Oooh its buggy love! I'm quite excited - how sad is that!