PDA

View Full Version : Childcare vouchers

solly
03-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I have a LO who both parents pay me by childcare vouchers.
Mum has reduced the hours from 2days to 1 day from this week which is fine as the playschool she now has sessions at is out of the area that i pick up from.

I have just had notification about the 2 amounts they have paid me and she hasn't adjusted the amount to the new amount even though i gave her what the new amount would be back in november.

I know when she picks up tomorrow she is going to ask for me to pay her the over payment back in cash as i can't see her wanting to take it off Febs payment as she pays for playschool with the vouchers as well.

Its not just pennies she has over paid me it is about £140 am i allowed to give it her back in cash or cheque or do I tell her all i can do is just take it off next months bill

Any advice is appreciated

AliceK
03-01-2012, 08:26 PM
You cannot give her the money back in cash / chq as this is money she has not paid tax on. She can either have the refund off her next invoice or you can go through the voucher company to refund the money but I think that may well be a long process?

xxxx

karensmart4
03-01-2012, 08:29 PM
She will have to have it as a credit, it is against the law to give it back to parents as they would be committing fraud because they haven't paid tax or insurance on it. She will have to contact the voucher company to adjust the amount she pays you, it's very easy to do.

miffy
03-01-2012, 08:30 PM
As Alice says - you can't refund the money to her because she hasn't paid tax on it.

Miffyxx

jojobell
03-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I no it sounds harsh but surely if u told her the correct amount to amend it to then its her error so she cnt demend imediate cash,, i aggre that you will have to pay it back but i think its resoble to tek it off next months bill?? tricky not sure what id do.................hope all gos well

tashaleee
03-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I no it sounds harsh but surely if u told her the correct amount to amend it to then its her error so she cnt demend imediate cash,, i aggre that you will have to pay it back but i think its resoble to tek it off next months bill?? tricky not sure what id do.................hope all gos well

You cannot pay it back to the parent - only to the voucher company - otherwise it is fraud.

Hopefully the parent will say its fine to take it off the next bill :thumbsup:

solly
03-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks this is what I thought, she is one of these women who thinks she is always right so will see what she says tomorrow. I would rather take it from next months money as can imagine it will be hassle having to give it back to voucher company.

rickysmiths
03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks this is what I thought, she is one of these women who thinks she is always right so will see what she says tomorrow. I would rather take it from next months money as can imagine it will be hassle having to give it back to voucher company.

It is easy to refund to a Voucher Company. You need to phone them and find out who to make a cheque payable to and what ref to put on the back of the cheque to make sure it is refunded to the right parent and what address to send it to. Keep photo copies of the front and back of the cheque and also a copy of your covering letter and post it 'signature required' so you have proof it has been received.

I had a parent leave in October and they stood on my doorstep demanding a cheque refund because they had paid me too much at the end of Oct in vouchers. They were not pleased that I refused and said I could only refund via Vouchers. The company had taken the money out of my account within a week of me sending them the cheque so I can only assume the parent got their refund, less tax and NI added to their salary quite quickly.