PDA

View Full Version : 1st day back tomorrow but....

karensmart4
03-01-2012, 06:19 PM
2 separate children arrived today :eek:

I didn't answer the door, I let both sets of parents phone me (half an hr apart)... both of them were sure I reopened today and I didn't let them know :rolleyes:

I replied, 'Well I'm sure you did know as it was on a notice on my inner door for 4 weeks and it was also in the newsletter I gave to all parents at the beginning of Dec, you know the same one that I put the date in for the Christmas party you brought ..... to' :D

Silly parents :laughing:

sarah707
03-01-2012, 06:22 PM
:laughing: I hope you enjoyed your day off! :D

Monkey26
03-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Haha! Good one for sticking your ground :)
Mine was the other way round... i sent out everyones invoices and had two call me saying "oh you go back to work Tuesday, i thought it was next Monday!"
DAMN!!!! hahaha xx

miffy
03-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Have to say I wondered if any of mine would turn up this morning (I'm not starting back until tomorrow) but thankfully, no-one did!

Good idea to ignore the door, hope they didn't wake you up and you had a good day off.

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
03-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I had a parent text me yesterday to ask if I was open. They didn't get a reply though cos my phone is off weekends and holidays... Thankfully they didn't turn up on the doorstep. I can only hope they had a "B" plan!!

karensmart4
04-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I spent the day getting the playroom back to being a 'playroom' and not a Christmas party room. I also did my planning sheets for the month so not really a day off :)

If I had opened the door I would have felt sorry for little ones stood there in the wind and rain and would have had them so I'm glad I put the monitor on to check who was there first......

Back at full pelt today and tired now.