PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren buggy repair

kellib
03-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I currently have an old MacLaren quest single buggy, it used to be my son's so it's about 5 years old, it's been through a lot with us, many holidays etc and the back wheels are beginning to really disappear!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get it repaired anywhere or would it work out just as expensive as buying a new one?

blue bear
03-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I have wheels replaced years ago, I'd look up on mclaren web site for local place that offers repairs then ring up for a quote.

kellib
03-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I have wheels replaced years ago, I'd look up on mclaren web site for local place that offers repairs then ring up for a quote.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look and see what I can find :)

kellib
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Couldn't find anything on their website so have emailed them, fingers crossed they get back to me asap!

Dragonfly
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Kellib if you get an answer from maclarens would you let me know? as I have a maclaren quest that could do with some loving attention (but depending on the price of course).Hope you dont mind me asking cheeky I know:blush:

kellib
03-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Kellib if you get an answer from maclarens would you let me know? as I have a maclaren quest that could do with some loving attention (but depending on the price of course).Hope you dont mind me asking cheeky I know:blush:

No problem :)

blue bear
03-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Do you have a local shop that sells mclaren they should be able to direct you in direction of repairs

jane5
03-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Do you have a John Lewis near to you?

My friend had a buggy that needed to be repaired and the shop that she bought it from went bust. The manufactures (it was a lula I think?????) would only take it through a shop so she asked John Lewis if they could help even though she hadnt bought it from them.

Not only did they send it to the manufacturer, they also lent her a replacement buggy for free whilst hers was being repaired!!!!:thumbsup:

kellib
04-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestions ladies, will look into them both :)

mummyMia
04-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Mothercare stores do repairs for Maclarens. I don't think they do the repairs themselves but they send the buggies off somewhere and I think it takes a few weeks. I had a Maclaren Techno XT last year and one of the back wheels basically fell off. I got a quote from them and if I remember correctly they said it would cost £65 to repair. Strangely, they said that it would cost exactly the same to have all four wheels replaced as it would to replace one. In the end I decided to just buy a new buggy (another Techo XT) as that one was over 3 years old and the fabric was quite worn.

kellib
04-01-2012, 03:57 PM
I've emailed both John Lewis and Mothercare about it so will see what they say. Part of me really just wants to buy a new buggy :laughing:

kellib
07-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Well MacLaren didn't get back to me at all!

Mothercare emailed back to say I'd need to take the buggy into the shop before they could tell me if they even offered a repair service.

And John Lewis phoned me today to say that if I take the buggy into their shop they will send it away and get a quote for me so I can decide whether or not it's worth my while getting it repaired or just buying a new buggy. Said I wasn't keen on sending it away just to get a quote so the woman said not to worry about not having a buggy as they would give me a replacement one until mine came back! Said I didn't buy buggy in John Lewis and she said it wasn't a problem :thumbsup:

Really impressed with John Lewis (should really listen to my Granny as she raves about them ALL the time!) so think I'll go with them.

onceinabluemoon
07-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Good for John Lewis, we are getting a shop near us soon, I can't wait!!

kellib
11-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Just realised there was a message on my answer machine, was John Lewis saying that they contacted MacLaren and they want £40 to even LOOK at the buggy plus whatever it'll cost to fix it!

Gonna say not to bother and just buy a new buggy (which is what I wanted to do all along :laughing:)