PDA

View Full Version : Too many groups?

samkeddy
03-01-2012, 02:01 PM
okay im going post crazy today i know!! Sorry!

So i normaly go to:-
Tuesday morn - childminding network
Thursday morn - local playgroup (although i dont have any minded children on a thursday morn at min, but still go with my girls)

now the local childrens centre are doing a couple of groups that also sound nice:-

Mon afternoon - music and movement
wed afternoon - freeplay for children in the nursery area which is lovely, well equiped and the kids love it.

Now i have 2 nearly fulltime mindees but one does am nursey and other does pm so this works great as would only be taking 1 to each group. I am the kind of person that likes routine and structure so dont want to swap and change what i attend each week. But i feel that if we go to all these groups plus the occasional library and softplay visits then between school runs and meals there will be very little time left for me to plan activities etc.

What do you think??
Thanks x

VeggieSausage
03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Yes I have this dilemma, I go to 3 groups on a Tues am, Wed am and thurs am - I have on who is with me on a tues, wed, thurs - is this too much? We do do things before and afterwards and she is with me in the school holidays too when the groups are not on, also have a 4 day a weeker so only one morning I don't do a group......they are all lovely groups so don't want to give them up apart from anything I like the adult company.....would be interested in what everyone thinks :)

LeeMarie
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I have a choice of groups to go to everyday. Some are childminding groups and others local to me. Each offer different activities and I have a different groups of childminders or friends that I like to see. What I do is miss one group each week to stay home and do activities by having a (flexible) 4 week rota for when we stay at home ie first week we're at home on Tuesday, the next week on Wednesday , etc. This seems to work for me and my los.

samkeddy
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I have a choice of groups to go to everyday. Some are childminding groups and others local to me. Each offer different activities and I have a different groups of childminders or friends that I like to see. What I do is miss one group each week to stay home and do activities by having a (flexible) 4 week rota for when we stay at home ie first week we're at home on Tuesday, the next week on Wednesday , etc. This seems to work for me and my los.

i like this idea it seems nice and sensible to me, thanks for sharing x

sarah707
03-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I plan for our outings so they are part of children's routines and individual planning... I tend to take children out every day :D

~Grasshopper~
03-01-2012, 08:01 PM
i am very jealous, we have hardly any groups near me. ive just bought a car again so i can travel a bit further to groups. so far ive found about 4 a week id like to attend.

x

Natternic
03-01-2012, 08:30 PM
id say do it, and like the lee maries idea of dropping one out each week too if you feel you needed too.

miffy
03-01-2012, 08:41 PM
I like Leemarie's idea of missing a different group each week so you have some time at home but also get to most of the groups.

You are lucky to have so many groups you can get to. :)

Miffy xx

Vickster
03-01-2012, 08:46 PM
If it is do able, do it! I am in alot at the moment as on my easier day (Tues) there is no group except for a drive away and on my harder days (new starter who likes to sleep in cot at 10am) there are two. So in an ideal world I would be out two mornings out of three, if not three and I think I will be this time next year as they will be older and my DD will be at pre-school.

Waffle waffle! Go! It breaks the day and the children enjoy it

Zoomie
03-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Its winter now and I would be inclined to attend more groups. Messy play much more accessible there than at my house.

In the summer we tend to do more parks and play in the back garden, where we can make lots of mess :)

miss mopple
03-01-2012, 10:10 PM
There are lots of groups here too and I tend to just dip in and out as we fancy it rather than committing myself every week. I like to keep our weeks varied so the kids don't get bored going to the same places all the time

samkeddy
04-01-2012, 09:20 AM
thanks for the replys glad no-one sees a prob with this, the kids will only be attending 2 groups each but it gets me out each day and there will be plenty of time at home for other planned activities!

VeggieSausage
05-01-2012, 10:28 PM
thanks for the replys glad no-one sees a prob with this, the kids will only be attending 2 groups each but it gets me out each day and there will be plenty of time at home for other planned activities!

yep thanks everyone, keeps me sane having adult company too!