PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

Beeka
03-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi there. I would love to be a childminder. I have been to the pre reg sessions and got my application form. I've not sent it off yet. Just have a few questions...

1. How do I send off for a CRB check? I have nothing to send - do OFSTED send one off once they receive my form? I see people writing that they have sent it off...where did you get it from? Should I have a form in my pack or did you get it some other way?

2. Should I have done the first aid course before my visit?

3. If my policies/procedures or my home are not quite up to standard when OFSTED visit - will they give me time to sort these and visit again or would that be it and they wont register me. I'm so worried I'm going to do it all wrong and they will decline my application. Would they give you some pointers to improve and then arrange another visit?

I hope someone will be able to answer these questions. Many thanks, Becka

sarah707
03-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi there. I would love to be a childminder. I have been to the pre reg sessions and got my application form. I've not sent it off yet. Just have a few questions...

1. How do I send off for a CRB check? I have nothing to send - do OFSTED send one off once they receive my form? I see people writing that they have sent it off...where did you get it from? Should I have a form in my pack or did you get it some other way?

The CRB form will come from Ofsted

2. Should I have done the first aid course before my visit?

It depends on where you live - some areas insist on it while others don't.

However you must have finished it before you are finally registered

3. If my policies/procedures or my home are not quite up to standard when OFSTED visit - will they give me time to sort these and visit again or would that be it and they wont register me. I'm so worried I'm going to do it all wrong and they will decline my application. Would they give you some pointers to improve and then arrange another visit?

No they don't come back. They want to see that you know what you are doing then you'll be checked properly during your first inspection about 6 months after registration.

You should get help on your pre-registration course

I hope someone will be able to answer these questions. Many thanks, Becka

Hope this helps! Good luck :D

Beeka
05-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Thank you for your help :) I'll get the form sent off and just hope all is ok.