PDA

View Full Version : i allready hate today

mufftie
03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
After having a fantastic 10 days off I'm allready hating what I do for a living

I thought id feel refreshed btbh its completely the opposit I've now feel completely trapped but what can I do about it

I'm earning more than I possibly could anywhere else and my books tell me I'm.good at my job and I'm always getting positive feedback but I just can't help but crave going back into the big wide world and working

It's driving me mad being here on my own , not being valued by other people who work , even if I go out to groups I hate making small talk with other parents / carers I've done it for 20 yrs and I'm afraid I need more now

So here it is I've said it before and ill say it again I hate my job

Sorry just needed to vent my anger

The Juggler
03-01-2012, 11:24 AM
oh honey hugs. I think it's harder after time off. I'm dreading going back tomorrow but I am looking forward to seeing my little ones again but I think sometimes we just feel the need to get away from the house.

Maybe look into a nursery job??

LOOPYLISA
03-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Sounds like you need a change? why not if your not happy, not worth being in a job your not happy in, cm wasnt for me either x

breezy
03-01-2012, 11:44 AM
No jobs worth being so unhappy in, maybe look for something else but keep minding until you've definitely got something else?

LChurch
03-01-2012, 11:53 AM
I feel for you muftie, I have really enjoyed my time off Christmas just being with my family and no one else to think about, being able to spend all day in pyjamas was lovely! Back to work today and it is horrible out there so won't be going out at all today. I thankfully have a few neighbours that I sometimes meet up with which does help and go to toddler groups etc. I still go to one of them even though I don't work that day because I feel I can talk to people without having to look after children etc, or I might do the teas and coffee and give soemthing back to the group that has in the past been a lifeline for most of the people that go there!

But I do know that it can be incredibly lonely as it is only small talk, some people don't understand that as we might see people at toddler groups on the school run etc everyday but it isnt the same as having deep friendships and be able to talk to people without talking shop!

Also keep looking at other stuff and keep minding until you do find something else. Not sure how old your own kids are but a friend gave up cming and is now a doctors receptionist part time and is loving it!

funemnx
03-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I understand how you feel. I seem to go through this at least once a year too - I've been childminding 12 years and have done courses so that I can be a midwife, counsellor and driving intructor but I'm still childminding. The two biggest blocks to moving on is money (you're right, it is hard beat what comes in with CMing) and the other is working hours. A lot of the jobs I've thought about involve unsocial hours and I like weekends and evenings free or I'd never see my family!

I hope it works out for you - either way ((( )))

Carol M
03-01-2012, 01:34 PM
You are right, you need a career change as soon as possible!
Carol