PDA

View Full Version : holidays woohoo!!

samkeddy
03-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Im wasting no time, its the 3rd of jan and ive just pirnted my holidays for the year!!!!

5 days at easter
5 days in summer
and 7 days at xmas.
and both my daughters birthdays.

19 days in total, ive advised there could be upto 5 more days taken off for training purposes.

i dont charge for my holidays and only half rate for theirs.
Im really happy with this this year, its took 2years but think ive finaly got it how i want it!!

Tealady
03-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Well done you :clapping: I've just done the same.

I didn't have full timers until June last year. I just had schoolies which were term-time so I didn't have to think about it.

After the last six months of working full-time I can't see how anybody can do this job without any time off.

I don't charge for my time off but charge half fees for theirs. I know four weeks pay is a lot to loose but I just make sure I put a little aside (if I can) and budget wisely. I think my health and sanity is just as important as my bank balance

rickysmiths
03-01-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm going to do mine this week. Out of interest why if you make no charge for your holidays do you give the parents half fee holidays on top of that? That's very generous.

Mine pay full fee if they don't go away at the same time as me I couldn't afford to work with the loss of so much income giving 5 weeks free plus goodness how many 1/2 fee weeks, my parents always seem to have far more holiday than I do anyway and I take 5 weeks off.

jane5
03-01-2012, 12:28 PM
I am doing mine this week as I have just paid the deposit for my holidays this morning :clapping::laughing::D

I do not charge for my holidays but charge full fees for theirs but I still feel guilty booking time off as 1 parent always says " what, another holiday" even though I only take four weeks off.

rickysmiths
03-01-2012, 12:33 PM
I am doing mine this week as I have just paid the deposit for my holidays this morning :clapping::laughing::D

I do not charge for my holidays but charge full fees for theirs but I still feel guilty booking time off as 1 parent always says " what, another holiday" even though I only take four weeks off.

There is always one and what gets me is that they all have more holiday than me! I certainly don't feel guilty taking my 5 weeks a year.

caz3007
03-01-2012, 12:34 PM

If one of my mums said that to me, I would remind her that she probably gets more holiday from her job than you take :panic:

Mine are all sorted and written down for parents, as have to fit in with hubbies holidays

samkeddy
03-01-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm going to do mine this week. Out of interest why if you make no charge for your holidays do you give the parents half fee holidays on top of that? That's very generous.

Mine pay full fee if they don't go away at the same time as me I couldn't afford to work with the loss of so much income giving 5 weeks free plus goodness how many 1/2 fee weeks, my parents always seem to have far more holiday than I do anyway and I take 5 weeks off.

no charge for my hols and half for theirs is just what i feel comfortable with i know lots of minders charge differently, either half for each, or full for parents etc and often think im silly for not doing it different but i find it awkward taking any money when im not doing any work so i like it this way :blush:

jane5
03-01-2012, 01:46 PM
This parent always has a sarcy comment when I have decorated or bought something new as well :rolleyes: