PDA

View Full Version : Advice on phil and teds double please

sophia36
03-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been offered a phil and teds double pushchair and wondered if anyone had any advice. Its the one with a seat under the other 1. I wondered what age the lower seat was suitable for. Is it right up to a 3 year old or only suitable for a baby?

I have 3 mindees 1 at 15 months and 2 at 14 months. I have a mothercare duolite double which has been fine but isn't any good over rough ground.

Thanks guys and Happy New Year!

Liz

rachelle
03-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I use mine all the time. The bottom seat is fine from when a child can sit unaided (imo) I tend to put the older children in the top and the babies at the bottom (more room for stuff in the basket then:D) Got a board on mine for the pre schoolers too. If it's being offered I'd jump at it :)

smurfette
03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
I just got a phil and teds recently and love it ..
My mindees are 2, 14 months amd 11 months .. Good resale value so you could always sell it on If u don't like it

crazyhazy
03-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I have a phil and teds, my girls are slightly smaller than average but my eldest who was 5 in nov managed to fit in the bottom seat during a long day out in sept!

loopyloopy
03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
I've had 5 different doubles in 8 months trying to find the right one and I have the phil and teds vibe now. It's the best double buggy in my opinion, I love it. I bought a cheap one off eBay for 130 just to see how I would get on with it and just before Christmas my dh bought a new vibe for me £540. So I you have been offered one I would rip their arm off :)

Sue_M222
03-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Depends on the model you have been offered. 15kg on bottom seat and 20kg in main seat. I got one where you have to have the heavier child on the top and if they get out you need to move the bottom child up (if you know what I mean). It is really good on rough terrain, and I find it quite easy to push even the heaviest of children (I am a shortie). Think it's the new verve that doesn't need the front seat occupied if there is a child on the bottom.

It is a good buggy, folds fairly small (fits in boot of my Punto). Spares are not too expensive, it's just the delivery from Phil & Teds which is a bit excessive however a lot of spares are sold on ebay.

Regards
Sue

xgemx
04-01-2012, 12:02 PM
I love mine i even have a spare, i looked at every double buggy going but for me it was the only one that fitted all what i wanted and it goes everywhere ive walked mountains in ireland with it, been on the beach so day to day general is no problem for it and when i pick my 3.5 year old upp from school if the baby is in the front he jumps in the seat under neath no problem

mummyMia
04-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I have the Phils & Teds Explorer. I tested out the back seat with my 4 year old ds and he fits into the seat well once he is in but it is a bit akward for him to actually climb in. I have used the back seat for 9, 18 and 21 months and it has been fine for those ages. :)

maisiemog
04-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I love my Phil and Teds! I wanted it specifically as it could be both a single and a double and its been worth every penny so far!!! I couldnt be without it! Only got a secondhand one cheap off ebay, had to buy a shopping basket for it but still a bargain and i would definately not think twice before recommending it or buying another!

sophia36
04-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Thank everyone for the great advice.

I picked it up from my friend and have given it a good scrub. Hope it's dry by tomorrow I'm itching to use it!

Only problem i've got is that i took the hood off to wash it and i can't work out how to put it back on. Will get my hubby to have a look at it, he's great at sorting out my mishaps!!

fluff1975
04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
You can get instructions here; http://philandteds.com/en/instructions

I love my P&T, need a new one really but can't afford it yet! My eldest daughter is nearly 5 and occasionally sneaks a lift home in the bottom when I've only got 1 mindee!

Enjoy it!