PDA

View Full Version : Taking the leap!! Daunting!!

tmcnelis
03-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Hi all,

I have decided I am going to take the leap and become a childminder!! I attended the council run coffee morning briefing over a year ago when I became pregnant with my second child and decided not to persue due to my age.

I am 24 (25 this year) have two beautiful boys aged 2.5y and 6m, we live in a 2bedroom flat in North London with our own good sized garden. I am waiting to hear back from the council on when I can attend the next 2 day course and will take it all from there.

I am excited and also daunted by the idea of it all, I am giving up my full time job in a primary school and I just HOPE it proves to be worthwhile for me.

Trying to find my way around the site so please excuse if I post in the wrong places....

Thanks,
Tracy

Becci26
03-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi all,

I have decided I am going to take the leap and become a childminder!! I attended the council run coffee morning briefing over a year ago when I became pregnant with my second child and decided not to persue due to my age.

I am 24 (25 this year) have two beautiful boys aged 2.5y and 6m, we live in a 2bedroom flat in North London with our own good sized garden. I am waiting to hear back from the council on when I can attend the next 2 day course and will take it all from there.

I am excited and also daunted by the idea of it all, I am giving up my full time job in a primary school and I just HOPE it proves to be worthwhile for me.

Trying to find my way around the site so please excuse if I post in the wrong places....

Thanks,
Tracy

Ooooh good luck hun!

I too made the huge decision to take the plunge.

I was working full time and got signed off with stress back in August and didn't return. I attended pre briefing sessions over a year ago but wasn't brave enough to take it any father.
Registered in November and so glad I took the plunge, I am not busy yet but enquiries are coming in and have a 1yo settling in tomorrow. Luckily I have had the most amazing support from my OH. :thumbsup:

Go for it, I'm sure you'll be fab

breezy
03-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum:)

tmcnelis
03-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks ladies!

So I have just booked on to the next two day course on 25th January!! Eeeekk, I am very excited!

What can I be doing in the mean time. Should I book on to the first aid course now and have that completed by then etc? Or do I need to wait until my registration visit from Ofsted to make sure my housing is suitable?

Oooh, goodluck with your new mindee Becci. That is great you have found one already! My OH has said he might change careers if it takes off!!

T x

Carolh
04-01-2012, 02:38 PM
I too am giving up a good full time job - its scary but exciting at the same time. Just dont want to be sat at a desk in front of a PC for the next twenty years !! Good luck

mummyMia
04-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks ladies!

So I have just booked on to the next two day course on 25th January!! Eeeekk, I am very excited!

What can I be doing in the mean time. Should I book on to the first aid course now and have that completed by then etc? Or do I need to wait until my registration visit from Ofsted to make sure my housing is suitable?

T x

I would do the first aid course and the CYPOP5 as soon as possible to speed up your registration. I completed both of mine before I had the visit from Ofsted. I think it is very unlikely that they would say your housing is unsuitable. :)

tmcnelis
04-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Good luck Carolh!!

Thanks mummymia, might try to enrol onto the next st.johns ambulance course. I a getting really eager and excited now just can't wait to get stuck in. Have been trying to think of a name to use and looking into websites etc already so I can let people know I am around.

Can't wait to get up to speed with this website, seems to be so much good information around!!