PDA

View Full Version : cost of including nappies?

jadavi
03-01-2012, 04:24 AM
HI I am JUST REVIEWEDing mY RATES AND AM WONDERING HOW MUCH PEOPLE ARE PAYING WHO PROVIDE NAPPIES FOR LITTLE ONES?
PROVIDING Meals in the rates seems to be popular with the parents and make my service more attractive so i was considering this. the cost would be evened out by all those who do not need nappies...

onceinabluemoon
03-01-2012, 08:07 AM
I provide a cloth nappy service free of charge (no point in me telling you my rates as they vary all over the country).

rickysmiths
03-01-2012, 08:12 AM
I have never included nappies in my fee. I find that parents all use different ones and then you may need a variety of sizes as well. I do include everything else though, food, toddler groups, outings, wipes etc. I couldn't be bothered to charge extra for food and then have issues of if I charge for a child who is suddenly off for a day when I would have already do the shopping and possibly the cooking.

mama2three
03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Nappies and formula are the only things I dont include. I did consider it - I worked out that size 3 pampers nappies cost around 15p each , so would probably add no more than £1 a day to my fee. I decided that it could all get too complicated , expensive , and wasteful - especially if a child was part time they would possibly go up sizes without usuing up my packs - plus the whole different prefences thing - and what to do about pull ups etc.

Tealady
03-01-2012, 08:53 AM
I provide nappies. However I tell the parents which brand (nature baby or Sainsbury's Eco nappies, depends where I did my last shop) I will use and if they don't want me to use those then they provide their own. I also provide formula up to the age of 1. This is the parent's choice of formula but as you can only have one under one at any one time then that's not too bad.

AliceK
03-01-2012, 09:03 AM
I provide nappies. However I tell the parents which brand (nature baby or Sainsbury's Eco nappies, depends where I did my last shop) I will use and if they don't want me to use those then they provide their own. I also provide formula up to the age of 1. This is the parent's choice of formula but as you can only have one under one at any one time then that's not too bad.

I do exactly the same :thumbsup:
I tell parents I will use either Pampers or Huggies depending on where I go shopping but if a parent wants an alternative specific brand then they would need to supply them themselves. I have also provided formula milk in the past too. Basically I sell myself as my hourly rates being "all inclusive". Just bring your child and I will supply everything else.

xxx

jadavi
03-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks, I think I prefer that , espec as I have just put up my prices.... 15p a nappy sounds OK. I guess pull ups are quite a bit more though...

They bring their own if they don't like mine then...

Thanks for the help.