PDA

View Full Version : Learning Outcomes 0-3 (Wales)

webbthomas
02-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Happy New Year to everyone!

I've only been registered 3 months so still on a steep learning curve :)

I understand the planning of activities and learning outcomes for 3 years and up is based on the Foundation Phase and also know that this is not essential yet in Wales, though desirable.
What about planning of activities and learning outcomes for 0-3 year olds? Are they based on the general child development milestones or Birth to Three Matters framework, or is there something else I'm missing here?:blush:

I'd really appreciate some feedback on what my friends in Wales are doing and apologise in advance as I'm sure this is an obvious and silly question but my brain is completely scrambled at the moment.

Thanks very much.

tulip0803
04-01-2012, 09:33 PM
I generally do them on the individual developmental age/stage of the child linking them to the Foundation Phase 7 areas of learning IYSWIM.

I completed the NVQ L3 and we were using Birth to 3 matters although it is not a Welsh document it was the only thing they have to hand for that age group that sems to be acceptable to WAG. 4555555553w (sorry cat ran across keyboard)

manjay
05-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Professionals in wales are currently being consulted on a new document for 0-3 year olds which will fill this gap. Although I have no idea when it will be ready.

Currently I link everything very loosely to the principles of the Foundation Phase.

webbthomas
06-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks very much for replies. :thumbsup: