PDA

View Full Version : Mindees turning five and eight within weeks of each other

nipper
02-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I look after two sisters aged 4 and 7. How does this affect my numbers when they turn 5 and 8?
The younger one has a birthday this month.
Am I right in thinking that when the seven year old turns eight, she no longer counts as one of the four I am allowed to look after, so could I take on another younger child? My own daughter is 5 in a couple of weeks and my son is 8 in March, what happens then?

EmmaReed84
02-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I look after two sisters aged 4 and 7. How does this affect my numbers when they turn 5 and 8?
Am I right in thinking that when the seven year old turns eight, she no longer counts as one of the four I am allowed to look after, so could I take on another younger child? My own daughter is 5 in a couple of weeks and my son is 8 in March, what happens then?

Not sure if I am right or not but I think you need to inform Ofsted of your own childrens ages so they can change your registration to reflect the fact you can have 3 under 5's... I think lol

tashaleee
02-01-2012, 11:16 PM

Normally we can have 3 aged 0-5 and 3 aged 5-8.... when a child turns 8 they no longer count in numbers so yes you could take on another child in the 5-8 age group

With your own 5 year old daughter I am guessing she is at full time school - do Ofsted know this? If they do then you should be allowed 3 aged under 5...

With your son when he turns 8 you need to tell Ofsted and they will increase your numbers accordingly (I am guessing you currently can have a max of 4 children aged under 8... this will increase to 5 once your son is 8)

nipper
03-01-2012, 12:22 PM
I notified Ofsted when my own daughter started school and plan to do so when she turns 5 in just over a weeks time.
If one of my mindees turns five, do they then move into the 5-8 bracket?