PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

BlondeMoment
02-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Hi everyone!
Happy new year!
I've had several of my LOs change their hours lately and I've brought in some changes too. Do they all need brand new contracts? I buy the NCMA ones and it will cost me a fortune!
Am I allowed to just mark the changes on the papers and sign and get parents to sign where it says reviewed?
What have you guys done when this has happened?

helengreen13
02-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Dont know if this is right or I have been doing it wrong but I just typed up an Addendum to the Contract with the changes on it and then get the parent to sign and then staple to the original.

Hopefully someone who will be more knowledgable will come along.

Helen

Tatjana
02-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Sorry no advice from me but was also wondering the same.

I was thinking of making up a 'change of contract' form which is dated and signed by both of us. I don't want to do new contracts as I know the hours and days will be changing again soon!!:rolleyes:

I did a similar thing when a family moved home....although I don't know what ncma would make of it?!

Tealady
03-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Legally, Yes an Addendum is a valid way of doing it.

Just state the clause you are changing, put in the new wording and make sure both parties sign and date it. Make sure you retain a copy and the parents keep one too.

However, might be worth a check with NCMA as you don't get their help you don't use their paperwork so your own addendum might mean they won't help you either.

VeggieSausage
03-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I asked te NCMA legal helpline about this when I had an issue with a contract and they said you can just change the contract crossing bits off and writing changes over the top - if they get too messy then they recommend a new one but apart from that there is no need.

BlondeMoment
05-01-2012, 10:47 PM
I asked te NCMA legal helpline about this when I had an issue with a contract and they said you can just change the contract crossing bits off and writing changes over the top - if they get too messy then they recommend a new one but apart from that there is no need.

Yes I called them today to see what they said and they said exactly that
Thanks x