PDA

View Full Version : 4 under 5's?????

~Grasshopper~
02-01-2012, 08:08 PM
hi

Do ofsted ever allow 4 children under 5. if i dont exceed my 6 in total.

so 22mth old (mine), 17mth old, 12mth old (morning only),new 3 year old and my own rising 5 and the 8 year old that doesnt count.

i have a vacancy for 2 days a week and mum is visiting me tomorrow but i think she would like to use more hours if i had them. if i took on the 3 year old then asked to increase numbers do you think ofsted may agree.

my new year resolution is to start clearing my debts lol

x

blue bear
02-01-2012, 08:22 PM
I have variation for 4 under 5 twice a week because my pastimes went full time, it was granted under continuation if care

Monkey26
02-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I have 4 under 5's on my certificate for every day of the week :) don't ask don't know! xx

~Grasshopper~
02-01-2012, 08:36 PM
great stuff, thank you.

i already have a variation for 2 under 1's and it really would only be 3 mornings a week.

i will take him on for my available days and once he has started apply for a variation if mum wants me to.

many thanks x

EmmaReed84
02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
My mother in law got a variation for 3 under 1's. Two were twins, then the other one was my youngest son as it was a continuation of care for my older son.

samb
02-01-2012, 09:14 PM
I also have a variation for 4 under 5s 3 days a week but only granted as current mindees sibling is starting. They told me they will only grant the variation for continuity of care or siblings not new work. Worth an ask though?

~Grasshopper~
03-01-2012, 05:51 PM
thank you, i wont ask until he's already started anyway;)

x

jadavi
03-01-2012, 06:07 PM
How can Ofsted ever check up on whether it is continuity of csre or not? Would they ever bother?

samb
03-01-2012, 09:26 PM
I'd have thought they would check things like registers at next inspcetion if you have a variation to check you are sticking to the requirements on the certificate? Also if anything was to go wrong you wouldn't be insured if over numbers or what if someone reported you to Ofsted? I wouldn't say they would necessarily "check up on" as such but certainly wouldn't be worth being caught out.

Continuity of care is for things like a part time child needing extra hours and so they could see this on your contracts and registers.

My next inspection isn't due for nearly 2 years so I can't say for definite about it and by then the variation won't be needed (as my son will be full time at school next year). Maybe someone else who has a varitation and has had an inspection with it may know more?