PDA

View Full Version : Child attacked at nursery!

green4lynn
02-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi,
Have any of you seen the news article from just before christmas about the little girl who was attacked at her nursery several times by another child! The girl looked like she'd been mauled by a dog, and the nursery staff never saw anything! The mother of the attacker is apparently a childminder! Google "child attacked at nursey" to read what happened! Sorry I don't know how to do links!! Her name is Katie Ann Gutteridge, age 3!
Its a terrible thing to happen to a child while in a supposedly safe place!

Lynn x

Pipsqueak
02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
yes I think there was a link to it before xmas.

the pictures were shocking

blue bear
02-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Often have investigated and found the preschool to be meeting standards and no further action required.

Babycat
02-01-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2077039/Katie-Ann-Guttridge-3-attacked-Leicester-nursery-2-year-old.html

Link here but this annoyed me (omg Im really a CM now!)

"Ms Mackow also alleged that the eight childminders at the nursery were ‘more interested in drinking tea’ than caring for the youngsters."

Childminders? No they are Nursery Nurses, surely?

ziggy
03-01-2012, 10:34 AM
i doubt all of them would be nursery nurses. I am a NNEB nursery nurse and i think one of the last ( i finished a full time 2yr course in 1998) Sorry to upset anyone but i just think that since the NNEB has been replaced by numerous other courses that can be done in such a short space of time and by attending college one evening a week that the whole profession has been de-valued.

I worked in a nursery in england where all staff were NNEB or NVQ3 and only 2 were not mothers themselves.

anyway best that i dont say anymore, i was so angry about this i actually phoned radio 2 on day it was in papers but couldnt get through in time

Ripeberry
03-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Well I just hope that they get 'help' for the family of the child doing the attacking as something is not quite right somewhere :(