PDA

View Full Version : Childminding on a Saturday

Jodie1989
02-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Hello all

A lady has asked me to look after her four year old every other Saturday, which
I am happy to do as other half works and I have Friday off.
The question is what do people charge?

boxtree7
02-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I worked staturdays since last August and I hated it in the end - my husband works weekends but it made no difference. Thankfully the mum moved house in December so i didnt need to end the contract. I would really give it some carefull consideration. I would charge between 35.00 and 45.00 per day.

jane5
02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
I have charged time and a half for saturdays and double time for sundays.

I hate working weekends as it really affects my family time so I am now charging double for either day.

sarah707
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM
I thought about it some time ago and in the end said no because it would impact so much on my family time.

I would have charged time and a half had I done it :D

Jodie1989
02-01-2012, 07:38 PM
The lady is willing to pay double.. So I think it's worth giving it at go. I wouldnt do Sunday as thats my family day. Every other Saturday I feel is not too bad but I shall see.

Thanks for replys.

mushpea
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I used to look after a baby on a saturday and charged £5 perhour, my normal charge is £3.25, it wasnt too bad and I made it clear from the start he would have to fit in with our routine which he did,,he would watch my daughter horse ride then we do shopping, time hed have a nap and lunch it was time for him to go but he was only here till 3pm,, I dont think I would do the same with an older child though as they have their own oppinions and are harder to please!

kel1983
02-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I look after a 2.5 year old every ther saturday and charge £5 per hour. I dont have children of my own so it doesnt effect family life. I do however find it a struggle to work 6 days a week sometimes.

The lo has been with me for over a year now though and fits in with anything I have to do. I often take her out maybe into town to the market, bank etc and her mum doesnt mind this. She also gets on well with my sisters children so sometimes I meet up with them and do something fun.

ziggy
03-01-2012, 10:38 AM
i was recently asked to do every other saturday, my usually fee is £3.20 per hour and i decided to charge £5 per hour for the saturday. I had decided i would do a months trial in case working 6days a week was too much.

anyway in the end before i said any of this to mummy she decided to leave baby with granny

Jodie1989
03-01-2012, 11:00 AM
I would agree that i would do a trial to make sure it fits in, we take the dog for a walk and go to town so i have made it clear that i would still want to do this, parent actually very keen.

Like i say i have friday off so i wouldnt be working six days, But all i can do is give it a go.

Thanks all