PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if i can

xgemx
02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
A friend has asked me if i can have her little boy 2 afternoons a week for 2 hours each time, which is fine as i have nothing at the minute and every little helps but basically she has said she is happy for me to get the little boy from nursery and take him to her and wait for her to come home as he will just want to go home and sleep, so i know this is classed as nannying so are you allowed to do that if your are also a registered childminder or you not allowed to cross the 2
She is happy for me to have him at mine if need be but it seems sense to have him at his if i can

thanks for any advice

happy new year to you all

muffins
02-01-2012, 10:55 AM
You can do this legally as something seperate from minding (its not classed as minding as its not in your home!). You wouldn't need to cover any paperwork, however you wouldn't be covered by insurance & she won't be able to claim any tax credits towards it if that was her plan!

blue bear
02-01-2012, 02:04 PM
If you do this what happens when you take on more children? Just be careful doing favours for friends try and keep the arrangement on a professional footing, would be my advice - start as you mean to go on. What would you be saying if this potential customer was not your friend?

xgemx
02-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi thanks for the replys, no its fine with the tax credits etc she wont be claiming that for the childcare
As for taking on more children, she suggested it to me and also said she understands that if a contract for childminding with longer hours comes along then to take it and she willl sort something out and their is a high possibility it will only be for 3 months anyway
I wouldnt nanny for anyone i didnt know as i wouldnt feel comfortable in someone else home so no i wouldnt do it for a non friend