PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a decent sized table for the kids

Jelly Baby
02-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Looking for a table that i can get oh to cut a couple of squares out of the middle so i can drop boxes into so the pens etc can go in..does anyone have one thats the right height etc for the small kids chairs? Currently have the ikea square one i guess lots of you have but too small for 4 kids!

Thanks

Monkey26
02-01-2012, 09:57 AM
I have this children's table from Ikea which is bigger than most, plus it has 3 different height settings... http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40147180/

And then i have 4 of these chairs (instead of the recommended stools) ... http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00153700/

I have had all of the above now for nearly 8 months, it was a big expense but there is barely a mark on anything (although i do have a wipe clean cloth on top of the table?!) xx

Jelly Baby
02-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks meant to say i live nowhere near an ikea and thats not able to be delivered! found a coffee table which is quite cheap not sure if it would be ok to cut but may get it and see!
Thanks

Monkey26
02-01-2012, 10:02 AM
D'oh! Ah well was worth a shot, i live 2 hours from my nearest Ikea as well so wait till we need lots before doing a big day trip with two cars haha!
Good luck with the coffee table :) xx

kel1983
02-01-2012, 01:00 PM
We currently use a cheap square coffee table from Ikea but this can only really be used by 2 children. Think I may get another one on our next trip. We also use the stacking chairs from Ikea.

rickysmiths
02-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Is there any reason why you need to cut holes in the table for pencils etc? Surely this will mean the table is less versatile and you may not always want pencils and crayons out?

I have mine in long clear, lock and lock boxes which I got from Hobbycraft. I don't have them out all the time only when we need to use them or if the children ask for them. They are on a shelf where the children can see them. Ofsted were happy with this when I was inspected in Sept.

watgem
03-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I have a round mamut table from ikea it seats 4 or 5, even my own big teenagers sit at it to play board games at the weekends, it does take up quite a bit of space though, I have pens and crayons etc in pots that I put in the middle.