PDA

View Full Version : giving notice to parents

franka
01-01-2012, 11:51 AM
[Hi
am beeing a bit dense trying to post a new thread!!
Am about to givr notice to parents regarding there 2 year old boy ,i have looked after the young boy for 3 months,but am finding looking after 2 tow year old boys exhausting as one of the boys is liable to tantrums,and dosent like going into public places playgroups,jining in with other children,and its becoming self limiting,in reality i should have flagged it up in month 1,the little boy has had several carers apparently the same situation,whats the most diplomatic way to give notice, have only childminded for3 months so am a bit green!! the other boy is settled in fine
thanks for any replies

rickysmiths
01-01-2012, 04:00 PM
It is never easy giving notice.

I find the best way is to keep it simple.

'It is with regret, due to a change in my circumstances I have to give you four weeks notice. this means the last day of care will be xxxxxxx. Fees due to this date will be xxxx and are due to be paid by xxxxxx.

I have enjoyed caring for xxxxx and it will be sad to see him leave. If I can be of any assistance in finding alternative childcare do not hesitate to ask. (only add the last sentence if you are able to do this)

I wish you all the best for the future.'

sarah707
01-01-2012, 04:01 PM
You do not have to give a reason why you are giving notice.

A lot of people will say 'change of circumstances' to cover it.

if you have been sharing info with parents about the challenges the child is presenting then maybe it won't come as a surprise to them.

I hope you manage to resolve it without any issues :D