PDA

View Full Version : Train / play table

Zoomie
01-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I have a mindee who eats sleeps and drink trains. We never ever have a day where the trains / tracks don't come out. Mindee is 3 and we usually have trains spread out on the floor. I haven't had any younger mindees except for the odd day here or there.

Anyway, hoping to sign contracts for a 1y old and the train playing on the floor is not going to be feasible.

Now I have been looking at train / play tables for a while on ebay but just not getting very lucky.

Another childminder I know has a big board that she rests on top of her coffee table (it has wooden lip glued at the bottom to stop the board falling off the table, and the train tracks are also glued on. The board gets slotted behind some shelves when not in use.

Now I like this idea, but not gluing the tracks on. I would like to be able to use the board for more than just trains.Think I would need to get DH to glue a edge on the board so that they tracks don't slip off and also it would fit perfectly onto a plastic toy crate that I have too (with a lip on the bottom to keep it secure on the crate).

But does anyone else have any other suggestions ??

blue bear
01-01-2012, 03:11 PM
What ever you do lo is going to pull up and interfere with the train playing, what about some sort of barrier that 3 year old can play trains behind?

I have a train table from asda and ended up glue ing tracks in because babies pull them off, I have made different boards with the children so table I'd used for small world play like Playmobil, farm, dinosaurs etc