PDA

View Full Version : Dare I say I miss....

Rubybubbles
01-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I miss childminding:blush:

I started full time in a nursery in October, great job, room leader of pre-school room in nursery, but I miss being a childminder:o

I miss building better relationships with the children and parents (although I get a lot more respect in this job!) I miss getting together with other childminders and having the freedom to go wherever and whenever I pleased within the childrens routine!

We are due another move soon (haha I know, been here 2 years in Feb) so am thinking and maybe just maybe of starting up again on the move:panic:

I don't miss not knowing if children will be,moving on. Having a house full of resources, STAIR GATES, standing on duplo at 10pm at night that jumps at you from under the cupboard, boxes that start singinh and talking at random times too:laughing:

I love knowing what money I am bringing in each month, and the staff, the kids are fab, paperwork is easy and simples (who knew I was doing way too much before:blush:)

haha, new year and all that, watch and wait I'll change my mind again:jump for joy:

blue bear
01-01-2012, 12:42 PM
If only you could have the best of both!!! It's a shame nursery care can't be more spontaeuos like childminding, popping out in visits like families do, that's what I most like about childminding- if a child wants to go on a bus we just go and catch one.

Dont envy you the decision making.

sarah707
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Crikey moving again! Any ideas where you might be going this time ruby?

You could always look for something part time and then do childminding as well :idea:

What a tough decision! I wish you luck with the move :D

Bluebell
01-01-2012, 07:56 PM
How funny - I was just replying to an enquiry I had about becoming a childminder and saying I really recommend it for exactly those reasons - been able to build such a good rapport with the children and being able to go on trips and visits - its so beneficial for the children!
I don't mind the toys taking over my house because I have young children but I can see as they get older I am unable to get rid of some because I am keeping so much for the mindees. I also wouldn't miss the way its not just me it affects its my husband and childrens home too!

The part-time option is a good one. I do it part-time but I have to say even though my money is sure and steady from my job I am hoping to give it up for childminding!

Good luck deciding!

Rubybubbles
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
back to work for me tomorrow had a lovely week in centre parcs:clapping:

Funny how tonight I am glad I don't have to tidy up ready for work tomorrow:laughing:

Sarah, we think as far north as Yorkshire or south down to Hampshire, hopefully within a month things will be clear!

xxx

PixiePetal
08-01-2012, 10:21 PM
back to work for me tomorrow had a lovely week in centre parcs:clapping:

Funny how tonight I am glad I don't have to tidy up ready for work tomorrow:laughing:

Sarah, we think as far north as Yorkshire or south down to Hampshire, hopefully within a month things will be clear!

xxx

Glad you are feeling better for the break :thumbsup: and hope you end up somewhere nice, 2 years has gone so fast :D

miffy
08-01-2012, 10:38 PM
It doesn't seem five minutes since you weRe getting ready for this move and here you are ready to go again.

As for whether to childmind again or not, remember al the reasons that made you want to try something else then ask yourself if they still apply.

Good luck whatever you decide to do

Miffyxx