PDA

View Full Version : Back up for emergencies

venus89
31-12-2011, 03:50 PM
I look after the child of the early years worker at our local Children's Centre, which is 5 minutes up the road from me. I have the child ever day I Childmind, except for on Sundays. Can I put her as my emergency backup person? If the problem was with her child she'd have to come anyway, and if it was with any of the others she'd be contacted to collect her child and would be the first on the spot in either case as the other parents work much further away. To my mind she's the best person to have as an emergency backup but is this ok?

sarah707
31-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Your emergency back up should be someone who knows the children, can get to you quickly in an emergency, is responsible enough to ring parents and look after children if you have to disappear to hospital...

They do not have to be another childminder :D

mushpea
31-12-2011, 07:24 PM
I have my childminding chums as my back up people,, but the day one of the mindees had their emergency my mum and dad were down and were able to look after the one mindee who they new quite well and my own too which was a blessing,, in an emergency any responsible adult who knows the children would do.

venus89
31-12-2011, 07:43 PM
That's fantastic Sarah, thank you x