PDA

View Full Version : Help

kblake
30-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Right, I have (hopefully) my first mindee starting on the 3rd, she is 4 years old and is in pre school. When it comes to obs, if I made a folder, like with her picture on the front of it, and put obs in there along with any drawings she does and pictures of what she gets up to during the day will this be enough ?

~Grasshopper~
30-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Hi

My learning journals are A4 folders with a 1st page with a photo of child and name/dob then inside i have a spider chart i did that i send home for the parents to fill in. with my name is? my fav food? fav toys? i dont like? i live with?? my pets are called? ect. then at the bottom i write starting points for each child, so at 4 years old what can she do. count to 20?? write her name, know alphabet ect (mine are all babies, so diff starting points. but my son is 4.

then i have the observation sheet from the free downloads on here than i stick a photo in of my obs and fill in the info, i keep them in date order. http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/observationsheea.html

i also have a copy of the development matters overview in each folder and i highlight when they have reached a goal.

good luck, ps this is just how i do it. you can find whats best for you.

xx

kblake
30-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Lovely, Thanks for your help:)

sarah707
31-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Suez has given you some excellent tips there...

Something which talks about the child - often called 'All about me' - followed by observations, pictures, photos etc in date order.

Then you can link the observations to the Development Matters section of the Eyfs and think about whether it will be useful to plan further activities to support the child's future learning and development.

So for example you might have...

John (age 3)

Observation - John is lining up his cars and counting them '1, 2, 4, 7'

Links to Eyfs - counting

Next steps planning - you could either help John by counting with him so he learns numbers in order, plan some song sessions to include number rhymes, introduce him to size... it depends on what he enjoys and is learning elsewhere.

Hth :D