PDA

View Full Version : Really Need Help With Some Toys!

VINASOL
30-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I've got two boys starting in a few weeks (2hr sessions once a week till Feb when they start 3 full days).

I don't want to go overboard but I'm stuck on what sort of toys to get. I'm lucky enough to be given some money (local grant) but do not know what to buy.

Boys ages are: 21months and 12months. 12month old boy is now walking if that helps.

I also usually mind girls aged 3+ lol

sarah707
30-12-2011, 04:54 PM
I have a house full of boys at the moment.

They mostly play with... Lego, building blocks, cars, trains and train track, builders kit, doctors kit.

They like drawing outside with chalk or brushes and water and love anything physical including dancing to music.

hth :D

jacey
30-12-2011, 04:57 PM
I find duplo is a great toy resource regardless of gender and age.
It can be expensive but it is often on offer at the toyshops or online.

I have a huge box of animals, people, vehicles plus "normal" bricks which keeps all ages occupied.
Some of my older mindees prefer duplo to the lego I have as they can build BIG.

Once they can fit a couple together I find children tend to extend the use of them into what they want to - buildings, representing food with toy kitchen....

francinejayne
30-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I only have boys!!!

They love the cars and garage, bob the builder toys, duplo, fire engines, pirate ship, diggers, and the kitchen!

They also love the supermaket trolley and the dolls pram, as I don't think they ordinarily get to play with these at home!

Pauline
30-12-2011, 05:15 PM
What is it with all these boys! :laughing:

I agree Duplo is brilliant, all ages love it.

Garage and cars, people, vehicles.

Playfood is very popular with them too at the moment, they keep playing picnics.

A simple track to put together keeps them happy.

Large chunky chalks and crayons

Trundle bikes and sit ons

:)

breezy
30-12-2011, 05:16 PM
building toys of any sort and cars.ride on toys, lots of outdoor play too and any kind of exploring.

Penny1959
30-12-2011, 05:20 PM
The boys in my car love all the things mentioned PLUS anything with butons that they can press - such as the ELC light and sound toys.

They also love hueristic play - putting things in and out of containers, making lines of things, pouring and scooping.

Penny :)

lulubelle
31-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Toddle bikes (google them) Jo that runs the company is fab, we have 2 and use them loads, they are so lightweight and easily hang off the buggy etc great for inside and out and childminders get a discount too!

watgem
31-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I have all boys too and they love playdough, ict toys(kiddyzoom, baby laptops, mobiles etc) duplo and other construction, babies and accessories, music and dancing, balls/outdoor play, happy land/little people, cars, trains garage, toy kitchenxxxsand/water

christine e
31-12-2011, 04:33 PM
I find duplo is a great toy resource regardless of gender and age.
It can be expensive but it is often on offer at the toyshops or online.

I have a huge box of animals, people, vehicles plus "normal" bricks which keeps all ages occupied.
Some of my older mindees prefer duplo to the lego I have as they can build BIG.

Once they can fit a couple together I find children tend to extend the use of them into what they want to - buildings, representing food with toy kitchen....

Totally agree - I have ten and eleven year olds who still love to play with duplo

Cx

snufflepuff
31-12-2011, 04:47 PM
I have 2 boy mindees plus my own son, and can honestly say that if I had only a box of cars and some sort of construction toy (duplo, wooden blocks etc) they would be happy all day! They do play with other toys, look at books, do crafty things etc but usually only if one of the girl mindees or I get them out!

Cammie Doodle
31-12-2011, 06:42 PM
My boys at present love filling bags ( I got the little hessian bags from Tesco) and transporting them around the room. vehicles that they can push along the floor is another favourite and of course best of all is playing outside on the decking