PDA

View Full Version : paper towels

maple
19-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I was thinking of using paper towels for the mindees to use after washing hands. Does anyone else use them and If so where can you get them from and the dispenser?:D

Amaranth
19-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi Maple,
I use paper towels for the mindees. I look after quite a few, so find it easier than individual towels for each one. I buy them from Makro. I got the dispenser from there too. You can also get them from Costco.

Cazz
19-05-2008, 10:06 PM
What a coincidence Maple. Dh and I were discussing using paper towels with a dispenser this evening as we are currently getting the house ready!

And thanks Amaranth, I am going to Makro on Thursday anyway so that has solved that issue!

Carole x

aly
19-05-2008, 10:06 PM
this is one thing I was going to ask as I read that 'they' prefer this rather than a towel becasue of cross-contamination...

thanks for asking this

x
aly

Eagles4ever
20-05-2008, 05:55 AM
What about the wet used paper towels? Can they go in a bin in the bathroom or do they have to be disposed of elsewhere?

Sue x

SimplyLucy
20-05-2008, 06:11 AM
I use paper towels, I just google them and buy them from where ever looks cheap on line.

The used ones go into the bin in my bathroom, then at the end of the day they get soaked in waste water and thrown into the compost bin. They mush down really well but I've found it's better to soak them first else they soak the moisture up from the compost. :clapping: :littleangel:

crazybones
20-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Have strict rules on disposing the paper towels so they dont get stuck down the loo. :panic: I got get up of this and had a hand dryer fitted. The lo's use face cloths, because the dont like the dryer noise, which are washed daily I have a pile of about 30 and the older ones use the dryer.

miffy
20-05-2008, 06:15 AM
You don't have to have paper towels - hand towels are OK but it's better if each child has their own towel to avoid cross-contamination.

It's one thing Ofsted will look at.

miffy xx

maple
20-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks Amaranth I am gong to sign up for macro or Costco so will get some.:D

anneriddington
20-05-2008, 12:08 PM
I use Ikea face cloths, they have a coloured tab on them and each of my mindees have their own coloured tab and it hangs on a hook in the cloackroom, I have their photo above their hook so they know which to use even if they dont know their colours, they are very cheap about 1.99 for 10 I think and I can change them every day.

berkschick
20-05-2008, 12:52 PM
I use paper towels, my hubby can get them from work so thats handy!

Once used they go into a lidded bin underneath the sink which is emptyed every night.

Jinx
20-05-2008, 12:56 PM
I use Ikea face cloths, they have a coloured tab on them and each of my mindees have their own coloured tab and it hangs on a hook in the cloackroom, I have their photo above their hook so they know which to use even if they dont know their colours, they are very cheap about 1.99 for 10 I think and I can change them every day.

Snap. Although I think I had to pay £2.99 last time! :(

Jinx x

susi513
20-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I use fleece wipes for washing hands/faces and 20p Tesco flannels for drying. One use each then in the laundry bin. Not too expensive to wash as just goes in with the cot bedding.

I got mine off ebay but you can also get them here:

http://www.babykind.co.uk/wipes.htm?kw=reusable%20wipes&fl=66842&ci=900169106&network=s&gclid=CM_j7faOtZMCFQyN1QodyA26CA#washable

If you use paper towels you'll need to be behind them all the time - not only to stop your loo filling up but to make sure they don't use the whole dispenser load at one hand wash.

buildingblocks
20-05-2008, 02:44 PM
What about the wet used paper towels? Can they go in a bin in the bathroom or do they have to be disposed of elsewhere?

Sue x

They can go into the compost bin. i have only just found this out and am thinking of changing for this reason. you can also compost used tissues

Chimps Childminding
21-05-2008, 07:51 PM

I do the same as you Anne, each child has their own face cloth with a particular coloured tab, which hangs on a hook with their photo above it. They all get put to wash each evening (or before if necessary) and a clean one put out the next morning! :thumbsup:

breezy
21-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I do the same as you Anne, each child has their own face cloth with a particular coloured tab, which hangs on a hook with their photo above it. They all get put to wash each evening (or before if necessary) and a clean one put out the next morning! :thumbsup:

SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miffy
21-05-2008, 09:37 PM

I use these too but think they were more than £1.99 for a pack

miffy xx