PDA

View Full Version : Activities Post Christmas

Babycat
29-12-2011, 07:50 PM
So that gap between Christmas New year and any new events (think we will be looking at festival of light)

Obviously Winter Season and there are themes you could use but looking for ideas for 11 month old and 2Yr old that they can do together.

Any ideas appreciated.

(Ps. thanks to Pauline getting me back on forum! x)

lulubelle
29-12-2011, 11:54 PM
What about crazy soap/shaving foam as snow and some chunky animals? Polar bears, penguins etc? As long as u watch Lo doesn't eat it lol

jadavi
30-12-2011, 04:14 AM
What's crazy soap lulu?

angeldelight
30-12-2011, 07:37 AM
So that gap between Christmas New year and any new events (think we will be looking at festival of light)

Obviously Winter Season and there are themes you could use but looking for ideas for 11 month old and 2Yr old that they can do together.

Any ideas appreciated.

(Ps. thanks to Pauline getting me back on forum! x)

There are a few nice ideas here for festival of light

http://www.teachingexpertise.com/e-bulletins/festive-celebrations-early-years-7625

Angel xx

blue bear
30-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I use whipped cream as an alternative to soap, doesn't matter if babies eat it as long as not dairy allergic.

I tend to look back at Christmas so they can make sense of what happened, so I give them left over christmas paper to wrap empty boxes, we make Christmas dinner in home corner, make chocolates with play dough filling empty chocolate boxes, cut up Christmas cards.

We are going to be looking at transport along with winter this term, hoping it snows so we can get out the sledges!

sarah707
30-12-2011, 05:44 PM
There are some lovely Kwanzaa activities online if the children are old enough :D

lulubelle
31-12-2011, 12:20 AM
They sell it in Tesco, kind of like shaving foam, yellow tin with a purple lid, my Lo's love it!