PDA

View Full Version : parents assumed i wasnt open this week...

lulubelle
29-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Ages ago mum told me lo would be off for his b.day last week, she was very stressed because dad was in car crash (but ok) and just general run up to xmas, anyway the week before she said oh lo will only be with you 2 days next week as he's seeing his grandparents the other days so i'll pay holiday fees. Stupidly i let that slide. she then said and your closed the week between xmas and new year arent you. i said no, i told u i was only off on the bank holidays. Her responce was well we assumed u were shut! i told her i was def open. On last day last week i put invoice in with all the presentd etc lo had made and pay date was yesterday, well there is nothing in the bank suprise suprise! i am about to write next weeks invoices so do i charge my late payment fee? i really dont want to call mum because i know she will try and talk me out of charging this week but he is my only mindee during holidays and i can barely scrape by getting half fees for him when he is not here let alone no fees at all!

breezy
29-12-2011, 03:17 PM
She needs to pay for this week, she shouldn't presume and if she was unsure she should have asked you. You can either implement late payment fees or do next weeks invoice with this weeks fees highlighted . Or text a gentle reminder now!

wendywu
29-12-2011, 03:47 PM
The fact that she assumed you were on holiday is her problem and not yours.

I would text her and ask her to make the payment today before the end of the week. :mad:

peppa Pig
29-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Do you only charge half fee if they are on holiday? Is there a cap on the number of weeks. From your post do they not pay half fee if you are on holiday since they have discount for theirs? If I'm right you have a very generous contract going for the parents and you should not feel pressured into giving into the demand you take the week off.

Personally I'd call or text asking if she has forgotten to pay what with it being Christmas and dads accident. People do sometimes just genuinely forget.

If no response or payment then add to next weeks invoice along with late payment fees.

That way at least you have given her a chance to explain.

lulubelle
29-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Luckily money is now in my account, maybe it was just held up by bank hols.
They have 4 wks holiday they can take at half fees, anything over that is full fees. I don't charge when i am on holiday/sick. I was led to believe this is what most minders do?

tashaleee
29-12-2011, 10:54 PM
They have 4 wks holiday they can take at half fees, anything over that is full fees. I don't charge when i am on holiday/sick. I was led to believe this is what most minders do?

Glad you got your money.

I think a lot of minders charge full fee for parents holidays and none for their own. No charge for childminders sickness but full fee for child's sickness. :thumbsup:

lulubelle
29-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Yes I charge ful fee if there sick!

Mollymop
30-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Had similar with school holiday set of siblings. Mum booked off Friday 23rd as assumed I would be closed(???). Still I invoiced her the full amount and got paid fine. Funny how some people assume these things x

Monkey26
30-12-2011, 12:17 PM

I charge half fee for holidays on both sides, parents must provide at leave 2 weeks notice of their intention to take holiday - exception to this is over the christmas period when i close the whole setting and do not charge anyone anything.

Full fee for child's sickness or occasional days off (inc short notice holiday)

No fee for my sickness - parents pay a month in advance so the time is then deducted from the following months pay.

Glad the parent paid up for you xx

Chimps Childminding
30-12-2011, 05:18 PM

This is also what I do. Most of my mindees have been with me quite a while now, but any new ones I take on will now be full fee for their hols and none for mine and I will be closed for 2 weeks at Christmas, as I worked Weds, Thurs this week for 2 parents who NEEDED me, only to find they were actually not at work :(

VeggieSausage
31-12-2011, 07:31 AM
i charge a half fee for up to 4 weeks a year if they take holiday or me, after I or my parents have had 4 weeks then its a full fee for their holiday and no fee for mine. everyone is supposed to give 4 weeks notice but in practise for 1 family in particular it never happens or they tell me verbally on the doorstep their plans, then I think I know them and then they drop a whammy and say they are bringing children when I didn't think they were etc.....

shelly2012
31-12-2011, 09:43 AM
I do half fees for their hols and mine. Glad you got your money xx