PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it was wrong of me to ask

kel1983
28-12-2011, 08:06 PM
I asked my parents who needed me this week and only 1 actually said yes to today and tomorrow only. So I was hoping for Friday off. Well I just had a sudden thought that I hadnt asked one mum and sent her a quick text asking about friday and mentioned I had no other children on that day. She replied asking if I could have her lo tomorrow and possibly friday but she would ask her mum about having her tomorrow.

I replied saying tomorrow would be ok but if she could find someone else to have her friday I would be extremely greatful as I had been invited to go out with friends. Obviously if she couldnt find anyone (which is highly unlikely) to let me know and I would have her.

Do you think I was wrong to ask this? I work 10 hours a day 5 sometimes 6 days a week. I would really love day off to spend time with family and friends.

Zumba-mum
28-12-2011, 08:10 PM
No, as the saying goes you don't know unless you asked. Hope you get Friday off.

kel1983
28-12-2011, 08:36 PM
No, as the saying goes you don't know unless you asked. Hope you get Friday off.

Hoping I get Friday off too. Still waiting a reply. Fingers crossed

cupcake22
29-12-2011, 08:46 AM
I always book my time off well in advance so that parents know that i will not work between Christmas & New Year. I find that it is easier to tell them what I want rather than hanging around wondering if I am needed or not.

Cupcake22

Playmate
29-12-2011, 09:08 AM
We set our holidays in advance too. Always have between Christmas and new year off and 4 other weeks accross the year.

marnieb
29-12-2011, 09:12 AM
I always book my time off well in advance so that parents know that i will not work between Christmas & New Year. I find that it is easier to tell them what I want rather than hanging around wondering if I am needed or not.

Cupcake22

Yes I gave all my parents in late Novemebr a letter telling them I was taking the week off. I'm sure most of them are off work anyway, and taking the time myself means I dont get paid, but like you I work 5 days a week 7-6 so need the time off.

And I just knew that at least one of my parents would send their lo even tho they are at home if they had to pay, iyswim!!! :p

kel1983
29-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I only had the one child last year and she was off this time last year so didnt have to worry about it. This year was very different. We have 13 children most of who live with just their mums and dont have much family living local. We felt we should offer to be open this week as their are unfortunately parents that do have to work this week.

Oh well will find out in about an hour if the mum managed to find someone to have lo tomorrow so I can have a well earnt day off.