PDA

View Full Version : When you take to after school clubs.....

clorogue
28-12-2011, 11:36 AM
do you stay with the child? Drop them off and collect them? Do you get written permission from parents to do this - are they still under your care whilst you do this or under the 'clubs' care? Many thanks.

onceinabluemoon
28-12-2011, 12:18 PM
the school teacher takes ours over so I was only responsible from pick up after. Not sure if all schools do that though.

loocyloo
28-12-2011, 07:58 PM
i only collect from afterschool clubs. the school has care of the child, until i collect.

the parents pay me from when school finishes, in case the club isn't on, & then i collect them as usual from school.

if i were having to drop them off at a club and then pick them up, i wouldn't stay, as not fair on other children to have to wait around. if not old enough to go to a club on their own, then i would say it is the parents responsibility to be there.

if i was dropping them at a club and parents then collected them at the end of the club, it would depends upon the parents decision as to what i did ... if say the club was 5-6, and the child usually stayed with me till 6, then i would charge for that hour, as should the club not happen, then i would be able to have child, but if parents didn't want to pay, then they would have to collect child from me at 5 if club wasn't happening!