PDA

View Full Version : Local private nursery closing... options and ideas!

littleelm
27-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Hi there,

I've just found out that a local private nursery has closed today forever (my friend worked there!) now there are almost 200 kids on roll at this nursery. Obviously going to be lots of parents looking for childcare very soon!

I am currently working as a childminding assistant. So i'm not registered. The childminders I work for are already full and don't wish to expand.

How quickly can I set myself up? Are there any other options?

I think this could be a golden opportunity not to be passed up!

Thanks in advance! x

Toothfairy
27-12-2011, 10:40 PM
It does sound like a great idea.
Not sure how long the process takes in your neck of the woods but down here in Kent it takes about 9 months to become a registered CM.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do :thumbsup:

catswhiskers
27-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Maybe try to advertise your services as an evening/weekend babysitter if you're prepared to do this. Maybe if the nursery has a noticeboard or you could get some cards printed. Don't worry that you're being too forward, just seize this opportunity really and don't worry what others think.

I have some friends/family who dithered with this and lost out on potential work.

Then you won't compromise the childminder you work for, but this could lead to future childminding opportunities for you.

The parents at the nursery might already be expecting another baby, or planning more children, so you could get more business as a result of getting known to them.

Good luck!

FussyElmo
28-12-2011, 07:54 AM
If the nursery has closed today then there is no way you will be set up in time to get the business - parents will want their childcare sorted out asap and not want to wait for you to get your certificate which could take months :)

christine e
28-12-2011, 08:58 AM
If the nursery has closed today then there is no way you will be set up in time to get the business - parents will want their childcare sorted out asap and not want to wait for you to get your certificate which could take months :)

but you could try nannying in the meantime

Cx

The Juggler
28-12-2011, 09:18 AM
but you could try nannying in the meantime

Cx

good idea :thumbsup:

jellybean cc
28-12-2011, 05:13 PM
You could even look at doing a nanny share, so you work for two families at the same time in one of their homes i did this for a few years. They both agreed to pay me 75% of a normal weeks pay. So they both saved 25% but i earned more per week

greenfields
28-12-2011, 09:37 PM
The process is about 8mths here.