PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to renew our CRB?

Rosy Days
27-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi all, as the title really? Mine is over 3 years old now but it only crossed my mind the other day as an ex childminder friend of mine applied for a job at a childrens centre and they said that her CRB was out of date as it was over 3 years old and needed to be renewed, it just got me thinking? Do we only need to renew if we change jobs? :) x

ajs
28-12-2011, 07:59 AM
No we don't renew, ofsted haven't the resources to renew every childminder. Bearingin mind they didn't crb minders that were already registered before crb came in.

sarah707
28-12-2011, 09:00 AM
You do if you live in Wales I believe.

Not in England for Ofsted though... however if you move jobs eg go and work in a school, nursery or other educational establishment you will more than likely need a new one.

hth :D

sharonmanc
28-12-2011, 09:55 AM
it does not need to be renewed here in England, if you change to another job, or educational est, then yes, I had my last one done in August 2010 for work, my school changed to an academy, but still need another for Ofsted

Penny1959
28-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Agree with others - Ofsted do not require you to renew CRB.

However I know some networks DO require CRB's to be less than 3 years old - some even require childminders to pay to renew their own and those of all family members over 16

Penny :)

Pauline
28-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Although they are not renewed you must notify Ofsted if anything that would affect a CRB happens, such as a conviction etc. :)

tulip0803
28-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Like Sarah said if you are in Wales the CSSIW needs it to be renewed every 3 years for childminder and all members of the household.

OFSTED don't do this