PDA

View Full Version : so who is working this week?

kel1983
27-12-2011, 08:16 PM
I am working Wednesday and Thursday this week but nly have one 5 year old. No idea what im gonna do with him yet. I might let him play the wii for a bit and maybe go bowling thursday with my sister and her children.

So who else is working and what have you got planned? I have no motivation what so ever. I am looking forward to Friday though.

Maza
27-12-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm not working, thank goodness. The house is still hectic. No idea where I'm going to store all the new toys! Better find somewhere soon as it's a real tripping hazzard in here right now!

mama2three
27-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Im just working friday thank goodness - am already regretting saying yes - next year Im closing for the full holiday for sure!

jojobell
27-12-2011, 09:00 PM
i am working.................only got my neice thou, so can carry on with xmas stuff

lozzy23
27-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Thought I was working Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8am-6pm. But parents of full timer said Happy New Year on friday, I pointed out he would be here this week, dad said they were having him and visiting family and friends, they had forgotten to tell me, I would have been waiting tomorrow at 8am!

So I am working 11.30-5.30 with 15mth old tomorrow, no one on Thursday -catching up with paperwork. 6yr old on Friday 8.45-6.00 - dreading that, she is very demanding especially when I have her on her own.

nannysue
27-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm working Wed, Thurs & Fri 8.30 - 6.30 ....only have 2 older ones , they have both been with me from tiny babies so more like part of the family really.

crazyhazy
27-12-2011, 09:37 PM
I've been off since the 23rd and not got any kids until the 4th jan, it's been lovely this year not to stress about working like last year when I worked right through and we were all poorly too.

solly
27-12-2011, 09:51 PM
I am working Thursday, Although my assistant will be doing most of it as I will have my hand bandaged and in a sling as am having an operation tomorrow.

I know I am mad and should of said sorry I can't work but these parents need me as they have to go to work and don't have family that near to help They are all very good children and the one I usually have on a friday swapped to Thursday as I asked her so i could just work one day rather than two days

Toothfairy
27-12-2011, 10:22 PM
No, I'm not back to work til Thursday 5th Jan :clapping:

funemnx
28-12-2011, 07:14 AM
I'm on hols except for today - parent on her own and no one else to have the little fella but my grandaugter's staying so at least he has someone to play with (it's hard work with just 1 child!)n

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone, whether working or not! :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
28-12-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm working today and tomorrow :( but don't work Friday's :clapping: ! One 2 year old today and same plus a 1 year old tomorrow - cousins!! Next year I will definatey not be working between Christmas and New Year - spent all day yesterday getting stuff back out of the shed and moving Christmas stuff about just for 1 child - and she's not even here yet - usually here about 7.45 - I will be cross if she doesn't turn up, I text mum escpecially yesterday to make sure she was still coming :rolleyes:

*daisychain*
28-12-2011, 08:51 AM
I wasn't sure if I had my morning mindee today as she's had hand, foot and mouth, normally mum drops her off about 10:30, you can imagin my surprise as I read a text at 06:45 asking if she can be dropped off at 07:00 !!:eek:
She's fast asleep now and I don't get my 7month old till this afternoon, so easy morning.....so far !

tialil
28-12-2011, 09:04 AM
I have a booked week off, hubbys work is on shut down over Christmas and after working this time many years ago whilst hubby was off and not having the 'freedom' now I always book the same time over Christmas as hubby. We have inset day on the day the children are due back but no one needs me so back we go next wednesday :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The Juggler
28-12-2011, 09:17 AM
not me! not back until tues next week - just one little mindee and I think mum might not send her. :D but I don't mind if she does - she is so gorgeous:)

kel1983
28-12-2011, 11:56 AM
sounds like some of you have got it easy. I would have loved to take these few days off but then I would probably only be doing what I'm doing now.
Today hasnt been too bad. We have been for a walk (to the bank) and got some fresh air and got back just in time as it is now raining. This afternoon we are going to get the wii and wii board out and play some fun (and educational) games. Chilling for a bit now though just before we have lunch.

onceinabluemoon
28-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Not working between Xmas and new year. Been there and done that and won't be doing it again...

Cammie Doodle
28-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Not working between Xmas and new year. Been there and done that and won't be doing it again...

Nor us :angry:

June & carolyn

Penny1959
28-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Thought I was off until Sunday - but mum text to ask if I would work Friday - due to Christmas overspend I said yes. However have tomorrow (Wed) off and Saturday.

Penny :)

ruby
28-12-2011, 05:35 PM
only working Thursday have 11months old twins and a 2 year old

not sure what we will be doing yet

Cathy

kellib
28-12-2011, 06:36 PM
I was working today and I'm working tomorrow too, regretting it now as LO was so grumpy today!! Wouldn't sleep and was just generally unsettled, probably to do with all the excitement of Christmas.

Wasn't helped by the fact that we couldn't go out as we've got high winds again:rolleyes:

RachelE
28-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I finished at lunchtime on Friday 23rd (was open til 5pm)

and have finished til Tuesday 3rd.

I work a full week and need a good week off.
I have a 5 yr old and 10 yr old and really need time with them.

Good job too - as dd (5) got chickenpox on Thursday!!

Rachel x

Happy Bunny
28-12-2011, 08:40 PM
This is the first year that I have actually taken the Christmas week as a holiday.
In future I will be doing so again, it has been so nice to spend some quality time with my children and to catch up on odd little jobs that need doing.
I have actually enjoyed having my house a mess for a change rather than running around like an idiot getting it all tidy for the kids.

Saying that though the decorations are coming down on the 2nd as I need my space back lol lol

mayberry
29-12-2011, 06:37 AM
I've been off since the 22nd Dec, :) I'm not back to work till 4th Jan been there and done that and won't be doing it again!!!! :thumbsup:

Dawn xx

helengreen13
29-12-2011, 08:00 AM
I worked yesterday with just 1 lo and found it incredible hard to get back into the swing of things again. 3 lo's due today 9am - 3pm plus my 3 and their cousin and day off tomorrow and then 8 on Tuesday as Inset day at school :eek: . Hoping as DH is at home that he will see how hard me and my Assistant work as still dont think he appreciates the amount of work that goes into my job. :angry:

Helen
x

kellib
29-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Working again today 10-4 with just one 16 month LO then off until the 9th January, that's what's getting me through today! :clapping:

LeeMarie
29-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I've only had to work today with 1 3yr old. Think he's found it hard without all the other little mindees here but my 9 yr old dd has been really good playing trains, cars, colouring, etc with him. And then we all went out bowling this afternoon which was fun for all of us:)

Would have liked to not have worked at all but mum had to work and there wasn't anyone else that could have had her lo.

breezy
29-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I never work between Christmas and New Year thank goodness:clapping: