PDA

View Full Version : Leavers Questionnaire

Carol M
27-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Do any of you lovely people have a Leavers Questionnaire that you use.
I ask leavers to write me a reference/testimonial if they wish to but I am thinking some sort of questionnaire would guide them in answering specific things rather than just a quick paragraph on how great I am !!!!:laughing:
I do use short questionnaires on a fairly regular basis but would like to generate a more in depth one for when a child is leaving .
Any input on questions to include or a peek at your leavers questionnaire would really help me.
Thanks guys :thumbsup:
Carol xx

sarah707
27-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I just ask parents to write me a letter ... most do, some forget.

A questionnaire is a good idea if you just want 'yes' or 'no' answers in my experience while a letter is more of a personal thing.

Sorry that's not really helpful is it? :o :D

catswhiskers
27-12-2011, 11:47 PM
This is such a great idea and I wish I'd thought of it!

I've lost a few mindees over the years due to redundancy, going to school, etc. and didn't think to get a questionnaire going.

They've given me a thank you card etc. but then I think, hold on a minute, what do you really think of me?

It's only reading this and also after having my inspection in September this year that I've thought of this.

I got an outstanding but the inspector put in my report that I needed to be more self-reflective in my practice and maybe conduct a questionnaire for parents.

Now I have been given some ideas and can put this into practice hopefully.

I know I'm good but even if I get some negative comments I can act on this.

miffy
28-12-2011, 05:58 PM
There are a few ideas what to include in this thread

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44634

Miffy xx

Carol M
28-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Thank you all.
I am trying to word the questions so they don't just respond yes or no, things like...
How would you describe me as a childcare practitioner?
How did you know your child was happy/unhappy here?
There will be some yes/no questions tho, like... Would you be happy to use my childcare services again should the need arise?
Lots to think about still.
Glad it's got you thinking too catswhiskers.
Carol xx

catswhiskers
28-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks for that miffy and carol!