PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork in the holidays

onceinabluemoon
26-12-2011, 02:50 PM
How many of you use your 'holiday' to catch up with paperwork like learning journals etc?

I have set myself a goal to have all my paperwork absolutely top notch before the end of Christmas break. I have it in so many notes, or in my diary, and on stickers etc and want to get it all written up properly and start the new year afresh.

It's only me and my teens here so I can work away while they are still in bed in the morning, spend time playing games etc in the afternoons and get back to it in the evening when they are happily chatting to mates etc.

Am I the only person to be doing this or are there others like me out there?

Rubybubbles
26-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I need to do my 2011-2012 accounts up to date! I normally spend the break catching up but now I am in a nursery I don't have any 'work' to do other than some idea webs for upcoming topics (don't have to but will:rolleyes: )

Did think about getting my accounts done today as the boys out watching football but got it all together and gave up lol!

Sarahbelle
26-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Me too!. Learning Journeys, Policies and risk assessments to update. End of year accounts and long term planning done. Have also got an assignment for accreditation to do and individual planning times 3 to do. Had yesterday and today off. Back to it tomorrow.

AliceK
26-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Yep me too. Got to get LJ's up to date, planning folder up to date and get my accounts done.

xxxx

PixiePetal
26-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I plan on catching up and being all up to date by new year.

Not looking at it all till Thurs, then cracking on as DH will be back at work and kids will be on laptop/Xbox/TV :rolleyes:

I know I will feel better once it is done

tashaleee
27-12-2011, 01:29 AM
You are definitely not alone... I have a 'lot' to be catching up on :blush:

lozzy23
27-12-2011, 02:38 AM
I shall be catching up with paperwork, LJ's etc.

I still have children on Wednesday and Friday, although my full timer LO's parents are keeping him with them on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so have a child free day on Thursday, an ideal opportunity for catching up with paperwork.:clapping:

mum26
27-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Yep, me too. Have loads to do - will try to do some whilst mine are watching Christmas tv and in eves. Don't have children back til next Tues, so will try to make the most of this hol. Have accounts to do as well, yuk!

Ripeberry
27-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Just got the accounts to do and pay for NCMA membership and Ofsted registration. I did all the L.Js and photos just before the Xmas break as I like to get them out of the way! :)

amanda1309
27-12-2011, 10:00 AM
I will be doing all mine but not till Thursday or Friday. Not back to work till 3 jan so hopefully I will get it all finished :)

solly
27-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Now I have just got to submit my TMA 2 I will be cracking on with getting my paperwork up to date today as am in hospital tomorrow having my carpal tunnel operation even though i could still write as am having my left hand done i don't think I will feel like doing much so will be making the most of being waited on and doing nothing

Carol M
27-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Ha Ha.
Just updated one LJ, 3 more to do!
Got to submit accounts by Jan 31st. Haven't started on 11-12 yet!
Dec photos to print and make notes on and file in album.
Annual RA biggie to do.
Paperwork to print off and get a file started for new mindee who starts Feb.
Newsletter to write.
Long term planning sort of decided, well, January and February thought about anyway.
Read all ebooks purchaced from you know who for some inspiration.
Update PD file and think about doing a SEF as inspection due Jan :eek:
I guess we are all in the same boat!
Good luck solly for your op.
Carol xx

Maza
27-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Need to do learning journeys - don't really mind them once I get started, but have my horrible tax return to submit - really, really hate that!

Pandypops
27-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I have my inspection on 4th Jan so have been stressing about planning and paperwork and whatnot all over Xams - not fair. Glad I'm not the only one who is doing it over the holidays. I also have 4 new starters in Jan so need to get all their bits and bobs in order too. :eek:

Roll on my proper holiday in June where I shall be out of the country and nowhere near any paperwork! :)

zillervalley
27-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I have my inspection on 4th Jan so have been stressing about planning and paperwork and whatnot all over Xams - not fair. Glad I'm not the only one who is doing it over the holidays. I also have 4 new starters in Jan so need to get all their bits and bobs in order too. :eek:

Roll on my proper holiday in June where I shall be out of the country and nowhere near any paperwork! :)

good luck with your inspection

ziller

cupcake22
27-12-2011, 04:43 PM
I am not doing anything to do with childminding during my time off. I have made a New Years resolution that what doesn't get done during working hours doesn't get done. Well thats the plan anyway so we will see how long it lasts. The whole of last year was spent stressing about my Ofsted visit(which was fine by the way) & getting my stuff up to date. It made me that ill that I am still not better so never again.

Cupcake22

miffy
27-12-2011, 05:49 PM
You are not alone OIABM!

I have a pile of paperwork that needs doing but doubt very much if I will do all of it during the holidays. I have a day off when everyone else has gone back to work so it might get done then! At the moment I'm just enjoying my house being a child free zone!

Miffy xx

samb
27-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I decided not to - holiday shouldbe just that. I am quite a control freak and would love to be all up to date but I really need time to be with my family

Chatterbox Childcare
27-12-2011, 10:44 PM
I am catching up tomorrow whilst the house is quiet. Aim to be up at 8 and work until 1 and then have a rest

I need to do my LJ's, tax for 10/11 and 11/12 and generally sort out my office. Won't get it all done in 5 hours but a start I will make.

wendywu
27-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Just done 4 summative assessments. Need to do Dec in my accounts, oh and pay my tax bill for last year.

LJ are always up to date, it worries me too much if they are not.

The Juggler
28-12-2011, 09:20 AM
got all mine done before xmas :thumbsup:

bambinos95
28-12-2011, 10:20 AM
today I am hoping to re arrange my playroom after lots of ideas from you guys and your photos of your settings. Already moved some of my units before xmas to make sure I dont put it off and am quiet excited about sorting it all out. Then its LJs and sorting folders which I have already start so hope it wont take long. Got my bottle of diet coke and box of choc to help me along the way. x

peppa Pig
28-12-2011, 02:03 PM
just spent today getting accounts up to date. I now do learning journals as part of the working day and have one sunday every 3 months getting sefs and summative assessments done so my holidays are not me working but no children iyswim.

miss mopple
28-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Im so far behind its scary and ofsted are due any time now :panic:

Am resigned to losing my outstanding grade tbh, and thats fine- its been a busy and rough 3yrs since my last one and since I lost my dad a year ago I have come to readdress my priorities in life and paperwork isn't one of them and if Mrs O doesn't like it then tough!

I do plan to get some done if I can, but not at the expense of family time as I get little enough of that so I intend to make the most of it :)

loocyloo
28-12-2011, 08:12 PM
i'm hoping to get some done, but we've been away overnight, and have friends arriving tomorrow for the night ( and i need to do a HUGE amount of cooking! )

then, as they leave, some more friends arrive for new year ... and when they leave, the children will be back!!! ( plus 2 grandmothers who are coming to stay for the rest of the week, so i won't even be able to do anything those evenings !!! )

i 'only' need to do
'end of term' write ups for 5 LJ,
planning for next term,
termly RA,
termly newsletter
arrange to see 2 new parents and get contracts signed
and get the new childrens bits ready to go !!! :eek: i will have 7 LJ to do !!!! that so was NOT the plan !!! LOL !!! :rolleyes:

oh & if i have time (!!!) update photos on website
and order 2011s photobook!

so i expect i'll be chasing my tail in a couple of weeks time!

VeggieSausage
29-12-2011, 07:45 AM
yes have LJs, risk assessments, update policies/contracts, send invoices for December, accounts, and just about everything else you cna think of!!! Will feel great to be organised tho :jump for joy:

Cassie
29-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I have benn "catching up" since Tuesday. Ofsted due this year so having a slight panic :panic: Risk assessments almost completed :clapping: Keep getting headache from computer though...have to keep stopping for a drink ;) Port is going down very quickly.... :laughing:

Helcatt
29-12-2011, 09:00 PM
I have had a break so far but really feeling the urge to crack on now. Think I need at least a morning or two working on LJs, I got behind when my printer broke and have never caught up, I have two new little noes start in Jan so really need to be on top of things before the workload increases

The only tax worry is paying the bill as accounts fairly up to date

Paperwork done for one new starter and meeting next one on the 4th of Jan to do hers

All my R/As were done over the last Christmas holiday so they are all due to be renewed, policies need to be reviewed - not due til April but as have an asst officially from Jan, then need to update accordingly

My big thing is planning, will get that together

Then need to read through Sarahs e-books to get help with my individual and group planning. Had a review with our network co-ordinator/Development Officer and she would like us to become accredited to draw down the funding for 3 yos

And no pressure, but she is sure we will get Outstanding at inspection - which is due in Oct - so hopefully plenty of time to get things how I want them to be

Not convinced that we will get the big O but am hoping for a good again with a few areas of outstanding this time

So yes, will be joining you in the mad paperwork dash in the hols

Back to work on the 3rd - had a call today from prospective parent and she wanted to visit tomorrow - seemed a bit miffed when I said I was on hols and would see her next week when am working

Good luck with catching up everyone

HX

lulubelle
29-12-2011, 11:11 PM
ok I am fairly new to all this but what are Summaritive assessments? I have got 1 learning jornal up to date tonight and another to do tomorrow, I also have a Mindee now 2 eves a wk after nursery 6-6.30 what an earth am I meant to do with him in that time for his learning journal?
Also need to do my accounts but have just started using Nobel minder and finding paperwork a lot easier/quicker