PDA

View Full Version : instant payment

dusky777
26-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi please can someone advise?

If i ever use instant payment it aways goes through straight away, parent paid on friday evening (23rd) at 6.20 and nothing has shown in my account since i know its bank holidays and im going to check again in the morning just wanted some advise?

Thanks and happy boxing day xx

mummyMia
26-12-2011, 12:25 PM
It is probably just because of all the bank holidays:)

I have a parent who always pays over the weekend so that the money is ready in my account on Monday morning. I have just logged into my online banking to check and it is showing that a payment has been made but the money has not actually arrived yet, if that makes sense! I can see it as an incoming transaction, but it is in a different colour to the rest and I can't withdraw the money yet.

As tomorrow is a bank holiday too we might have to wait for our money till Wednesday!

dusky777
26-12-2011, 12:35 PM
It is probably just because of all the bank holidays:)

I have a parent who always pays over the weekend so that the money is ready in my account on Monday morning. I have just logged into my online banking to check and it is showing that a payment has been made but the money has not actually arrived yet, if that makes sense! I can see it as an incoming transaction, but it is in a different colour to the rest and I can't withdraw the money yet.

As tomorrow is a bank holiday too we might have to wait for our money till Wednesday!

I really hope so!!

Mines not even showing anything coming in if you know what i mean?!
The parent was really funny with me on friday...you may have read my post "none payment great start to christmas?!" So im just hoping ive over reacted and that my money will be there tomorrow other wise its going to be awkard phone calls!!

dusky777
26-12-2011, 12:37 PM
would anyone charge late fees for this? They have been aware for the last 3 months i want payment by the 23rd!

caz3007
26-12-2011, 12:48 PM
I know with my bank (Barclays) anything done after 6pm on the telephone doesnt get actioned until the neaxt working day, so that wouldnt go through until Wednesday

mummyMia
26-12-2011, 01:48 PM
would anyone charge late fees for this? They have been aware for the last 3 months i want payment by the 23rd!

I'm not too sure if I would, depends on how much I liked the parent. :) I think if the money arrives by Wednesday then I would probably just mention it to them but let the late fee slide as the bank holidays do confuse things. If it hasn't arrived by Wednesday then yes definitely!

Others will probably feel differently though :)

AliceK
26-12-2011, 02:16 PM
It would depend on how clear you have been with parents re "Cleared" payment. My invoices now clearly state "Cleared payment by xxx". So in my case if the payment was cleared and in my bank by the date due then fine otherwise I would be charging late payment. Mind you I make it very very clear about no bank transfers happening over BH's. I have been burnt before and am now very very strict about payment. Not everyone is as strict as me though :blush:

xxxx

onceinabluemoon
26-12-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure if you mean you have used instant payment for payments going out of your account or for payments from this parent coming in...

Just a thought but not all banks do instant payment, so if she banks with one that doesn't (e.g. most building societies and some banks) it could take up to 3 days for the patent to transfer and may not show in your account til fully transferred.

fionamadcat
26-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi there, I worked for a bank till fairly recently so know a bit about how it works! The faster payment service is not always available so it could be that the payment will be sent by bacs which would take 3 working days! That might mean that you would not receive payment till friday (sorry!). It depends which bank it is that they bank with but there are limits for the amounts you can send by faster payment too and some banks do have pretty low limits eg santanders is about £250 and Lloyds (including halifax and bank of scotland) is £500 so if payment is more than that payment again won't go as faster payment and will wait till next bank working day then take 3 days so again friday. If you don't receive it I would question it with them but they may in good faith may have sent it not realising it could take so long.

Fiona

T0ffee
26-12-2011, 09:51 PM
In my experience the first payment a parent makes through faster payment takes about 3 days after then it's almost straight the way (30 mins). Not sure how the banking system works but this has happened with different parents and I've felt sure they had paid but it was never 100% sure!!!!!!!!!!!:blush:

miffy
27-12-2011, 05:56 PM

Unless you told parents that you wanted cleared payments by the 23rd then I wouldn't charge late fees - parent may assume that all they had to do was action payment by that date which they've done.

Hope your money is in the bank tomorrow.

Miffy xx