PDA

View Full Version : Early finish?

dusky777
23-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Last year was my first year and i decided to work up to christmas eve.....never never again after mindees where only picked up at 4.50 when mum had been off all week "ill"

So this year i though 23rd would be fine but after mums off "ill" again for the last few weeks (think this may become a annual thing?!) im sat here waiting for the early pick up she promised....why promise if your not going to do it?!!!

Does anyone esle close early on the last working day before christmas as im considering it for next year but dont know how well it will go down?

VINASOL
23-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Last year was my first year and i decided to work up to christmas eve.....never never again after mindees where only picked up at 4.50 when mum had been off all week "ill"

So this year i though 23rd would be fine but after mums off "ill" again for the last few weeks (think this may become a annual thing?!) im sat here waiting for the early pick up she promised....why promise if your not going to do it?!!!

Does anyone esle close early on the last working day before christmas as im considering it for next year but dont know how well it will go down?

This is my first year working so close to Christmas. Last year (my 1st year of minding) I had term-time kids so finished when schools did. I've realised how lovely it was and why I enjoy term-time only.

It has been a long day today; not least because I think mindee has a learning disability but he has seriously not stopped for breath since this morning and it's all been about Pokemon and although he is a lovely sweet boy he only talks about Pokemon and loudly and my head hurts :o( (dont mean to sound mean honest)

I'm looking forward to 5.30 that's for sure.

Helen Dempster
23-12-2011, 03:56 PM
that's not on if she promised you she'd be early :(

I'm working til about 6pm tonight, last day until 3rd Jan - so looking forward to the break!! I've got tons still left to do cos I've not had any time off and haven't been able to get to the shops with all the mindees (too stressful for a start!)

Sending you hugs and just focus on it being the last day!!! YAY! Have a wonderful Christmas hun x:group hug:

AgentTink
23-12-2011, 04:22 PM
If i ever have special events such as family meals, training or for example today Christmas Eve Eve, i simply write in the childs diary a month before that on such a such date I am only open until xx time. So today I was only open til 4 o'clock. I didnt give the parents any option, I just let them know in advance so no excuse, I have had not had one issue wuith this yet. I am also working Friday 30th December next week but due to travelling to visit family later on in the day for New Year I advised parents I was open 8 til 2. All my families are coming for this time, and have not complained. I just adjust their monies accordingly.

nannysue
23-12-2011, 04:27 PM
I try to finish 2.30 - 3pm if Christmas Eve falls on a normal working day.

Today i finish at 6.60 .... hopefully a little earlier but mum is a vet so depends on how many appointments she has.

nikki thomson
23-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Mine don't get the option I shut for two weeks over Xmas always have always will, it's been fab this week my kids sleep in till at least 8.30, and we've just chilled. Xx

Chimps Childminding
23-12-2011, 05:11 PM
I would be more inclined to finish a day early rather than want to finish say at lunch time!! For one thing it might be easier for parents to get someone else to have children for the whole day, plus there is always the risk that parents won't bother coming to pick up at lunchtime, therefore messing up your day!!!

funemnx
23-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I've always worked until 6.30 on Christmas Eve - until a couple of years ago I was off sick for 3 days before Christmas. Now I just book it off, it's wonderful to have a bit of time to relax a bit plus to do some last minute baking, cleaning, last minute shopping. I won't change it now, definately worth the drop in pay!

Next year Christmas is on Tuesday so will book the Monday off and go back to work after New Year :thumbsup:

mushpea
23-12-2011, 07:50 PM
I finished at 3.30pm but thats only cause its the last childs contracted time to go home, I never work christmas eve,, I did once but it was too much stress and hassle working and trying to get stuff done.

chez
24-12-2011, 06:41 AM
was happy to work up right til the day tho this year Ive got no one yesterday.

I was in an office job 3 yrs ago and I remember how only 1 person in each team was allowed to go early and that was christmas eve. Getting holiday at all around that period was nearly impossible so I can imagine it would be hard for parents too.

ziggy
24-12-2011, 09:03 AM
I love christmas eve more than any other day of the year and wouldnt ever work. finished wednesday and still not done half what i needed to so have great sympathy for minders working today

Pipsqueak
24-12-2011, 03:53 PM
I was supposed to be working up till Friday but amazingly all the parents were keeping their children home - result so I finished on Thursday.

It was HEAVEN yesterday - blitzed my house took my kids to the cinema - HEAVEN

dusky777
24-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Well mum picked up at 5.10...when i finish at 5.
No excuse but looked close to tears......then i discover she hasnt paid....great start to christmas!!!