PDA

View Full Version : what SOME parents think of us cm's

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
22-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Well i was at dh's work do last night. Some of his colleagues know im a cm but most assume im a SAHM as i have a 1 yr old and a 3yr old.

Sitting next two me were 3 women talking about their children and the cm's.
They got on the subject of their cm's as one said she was gonna "drink herself into oblivion" as the kids are going for an xmas party at the cm's.

Her friend said "i thought they didnt go thursdays" the mum said they dont but the cm is having them for free so they could go to the party. Mum then laughed and said what a mug the cm was for having the kids without pay. The friend said, "give her a nice xmas bonus then" to which the mum replied "no fing way, its bad enough I pay her to sit round on her fat a*** all day!"

They all had a good old giggle at that. Then the 3rd lady piped up how she was suprised that she wasnt called out of work today as she had sent her 18month old to her cm's with bad v&d but "i dosed her up on calpol and told the cm that any d&v would be because she is teething" she went on to say she didnt see the problem as the cm's kids are all teenagers any way".

Dh had his hand on my leg to stop me from swinging at them from across the table. further on in the night when one found out I was a cm she asked me how much I changed as she was looking for a new cm, I took great pleasure in telling her that there was absolutely no way she could afford me!

sarah707
22-12-2011, 08:49 PM
How on earth did you manage to keep quiet? :(

Hugs xx

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
22-12-2011, 08:53 PM
with great difficulty Sarah, I think if it had been any other social situation I wouldn't have. But I knew once I started I wouldnt be able to stop one kept on referring to her cm as "the help" or the "babysitter"

snufflepuff
22-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Oh my goodness, well done for keeping quiet! I wouldn't have been able to control myself!

samb
22-12-2011, 09:12 PM
:eek: My goodness you must have amazing self control!!!

Playmate
22-12-2011, 09:40 PM
You are one very brave and restrained lady, if it had been me or hubby at that table there would have been headlines in the papers this morning :angry:

Tatjana
22-12-2011, 09:51 PM
What charming ladies :panic: :(

watgem
22-12-2011, 10:02 PM
well done yo not su:mad: re I could have been so restrained

Sarahbelle
22-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I hope Santa puts coal in their stockings!:angry: :angry:

Pipsqueak
22-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Once I had bitten of hubbies (restraining) hand I would have ripped them all a new one...ignorant witches

Ripeberry
23-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Hope they all feel ashamed :angry:

EmmaReed84
23-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Well i was at dh's work do last night. Some of his colleagues know im a cm but most assume im a SAHM as i have a 1 yr old and a 3yr old.

Sitting next two me were 3 women talking about their children and the cm's.
They got on the subject of their cm's as one said she was gonna "drink herself into oblivion" as the kids are going for an xmas party at the cm's.

Her friend said "i thought they didnt go thursdays" the mum said they dont but the cm is having them for free so they could go to the party. Mum then laughed and said what a mug the cm was for having the kids without pay. The friend said, "give her a nice xmas bonus then" to which the mum replied "no fing way, its bad enough I pay her to sit round on her fat a*** all day!"

They all had a good old giggle at that. Then the 3rd lady piped up how she was suprised that she wasnt called out of work today as she had sent her 18month old to her cm's with bad v&d but "i dosed her up on calpol and told the cm that any d&v would be because she is teething" she went on to say she didnt see the problem as the cm's kids are all teenagers any way".

Dh had his hand on my leg to stop me from swinging at them from across the table. further on in the night when one found out I was a cm she asked me how much I changed as she was looking for a new cm, I took great pleasure in telling her that there was absolutely no way she could afford me!

OMG how you stayed quiet I will never know. I am not one to sit and listen to BS like that. I would have had to said something along the lines of

"Well the next time DH has d&v I will make him to go work and see you personally and ensure he spreads his glorious infection with you, it's ok your an adult so it wont matter... And as for you (the moo who had free childcare) I think you should be damn grateful your childminder has the heart to get off her fat a*** for the day to throw a party for your child, and what a shame you do not value the person who looks after you child while you come to work and ***** and snipe about her. But hey being a childminder myself I must say it is good to know that we get paid to sit on our a*** all day :D :D "

IndigoMoon
23-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Goodness, that's shocking! I'm not sure I would have been able to hold my tongue! Thank goodness most parents have a lot more respect for their childcare's than that bunch!

funemnx
23-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I hope they both get D & V all over Christmas :angry:

ajs
23-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Well done for staying quiet.

There are a few women from the slimming world face book page, that I have added as personal friends, one of them was ranting with her friend about how her friend had no money, and my "friend " said well it's because you pay your childminder too much to do nothing. I wasn't quiet and certainly didn't leave her not knowing what I thought about what she'd said. Then she tried to justify her comment by saying I was obviously different to her friends childminder and not money orientated. I let her know how hard we work out of hours how badly we get paid in hours and how much we actually earn and would she work for that.
She didn't reply to me in fact. Tink she may have deleted me:laughing:

blue bear
23-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Would so love the childminders in question to identify themselves from this post and tackle these two delightful ladies about what they said! Thank goodness there are more greatful parents out there who think the world of their childminders.

JCrakers
23-12-2011, 09:20 AM
:angry: Horrible people

I wouldnt have been so restrained and probably would have said my peice and then got up and sat somewhere else :laughing: Hopefully hubbie would have backed me up and followed :laughing:

This is the attitude that makes me feel inferior to others when at toddler groups etc. People thinking Im a babysitter or a skivvy. And as for sitting on our asses, there is somedays (like yesterday) when I only managed to have a 15min sit down in 10hrs :angry:

The Juggler
23-12-2011, 11:27 AM
:angry: :angry: :angry: OMG horrible women! what an attitude :angry:

I think I might have 'slipped' whilst carrying a large glass of red and spilt it all right over her head or her new party dress :panic:

loocyloo
23-12-2011, 01:15 PM
i wouldn't have been able to keep quiet at all ! well done OP !!!!

although DH would have been dragging me off to a distant corner before i could speak!

absmum23
23-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Even with the season of good will upon us there are still people who are utterly ungrateful!

Well done for staying quiet I think you deserve an extra present from Santa!

What I say is " what goes around comes around". So I believe the forces of nature will deal her a terrible blow say like the worst case of D & V for Christmas! Cosmic ordering isn't it!

:laughing:
Merry Xmas every one

bluebell3
23-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I like your thinking absmum - and I have to say its such a shame that you don't know who this womans childminder is as you could phone her up and let her know, then she could say to woman 'oh dear i can't have your child this week - sorry to drop you in it but i seem to have caught the most terrible D&V from somewhere - can't think WHERE i got it from but i feel terrible and I can't possibly work. I really wouldn't want to pass on such a horrible infection to anyone - Not only that but all the other children I had last week have got it too....."

TheBTeam
23-12-2011, 05:57 PM
OOh i would have eaten all the nice swirly chocolate with nuts, apricots and cranberries that we made for them to sit on their fat lazy bits with! And sent them home the empty packet saying i needed to keep busy whilst sitting on my fat lazy bits!

furball
23-12-2011, 06:36 PM
unbelievable, especially as we are probably more qualified and work harder than they do:mad: